Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Chipshop 2000 in Liverpool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endo View Post
    Have a look on the previous page...
    Oh, didn't notice Hudson had mentioned City Software.

Comment

There's a ton of old photos too. I wouldn't mind seeing photos of the other shops if anyone has any. Not having camera phones back then, they weren't something you'd think to take pictures of.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        There's a ton of old photos too. I wouldn't mind seeing photos of the other shops if anyone has any. Not having camera phones back then, they weren't something you'd think to take pictures of.
        This is sad, too, right? Mid-pandemic I finally sorted out all of my photos, like all of my photos, going back as far as I could.

Pre-2006, I have a handful of photos of my entire life before that point.

Then in 2006, as I went to Japan, I have an explosion of pictures, as I tried to take photos of so much stuff - as even quite pedestrian stuff was interesting. After that I got a smartphone in ~2010 and then there are hundreds each year.

I really wish I'd taken pictures of my indie game store, and more of myself as a kid. People knock kids today saying they're vain for taking selfies; honestly I wish them the best as I wish I had more pictures.

Comment

City software and bits & bytes were the best days in the 90's. Anyone remembers a Chinese kid back in the 90's playing Outrun, Shinobi, Gryzor and Robocop in Bits & bytes?

Comment

Originally posted by Onecredit View Post
            City software and bits & bytes were the best days in the 90's. Anyone remembers a Chinese kid back in the 90's playing Outrun, Shinobi, Gryzor and Robocop in Bits & bytes?
            Was it you? I played Combat School there. Remember that? Yeah they were good times.

Comment

Roy Meredith I remember you very clearly. I knew you loved working there. You won't remember me but me and my mate used to go in all the time and you would put the Atari 800XL games on. I also remember the outrun machine right by the door.
              Do you remember a fella there called Stan? He let me and my mate go upstairs and see the Atari ST when it very first came out.

I remember every computer shop in town in the 80s.
              Does anyone remember a computer shop that was around the corner from Bits & Bytes. If you went up the slope in central station onto bold street it was about 3 shops up on the left. It was open while bits & bytes was open but it came after bytes. I can't remember the name of it.

The 3 arcades were Las Vegas, Aladdins Palace and Monte Carlo. Anyone remember the big queue in Aladdin's to play Ring King ?
              Last edited by MarkStephens; 19-08-2022, 22:16.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, Monte Carlo was all fruit machines, whilst Aladdin's palace was a mixture of both and Las Vegas was a mixture also, with the fruit machines on the lower section of the open plan floor and the game arcades on the upper area of the floor. I remember sneaking in through the side door of Las Vegas to play a few games before I was ushered out by security when I was too young to be legally allowed in.

After a hard afternoon of ‘hitting the sticks’ of the arcade machines - Uncle Sams, sandwiched in between the three Amusement stores, was the order of the day to recharge - with some affordable dining…

Comment

Working...
                X