Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Chipshop 2000 in Liverpool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMV Oxford Circus stocked JPN PS1 and Saturn for a good 6 months after launch.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ha, really? I'm assuming that you mean after the PAL launch? I'm going to have a look at the system to see if there's any of that stuff still listed. There were still SNES/MD/Amiga games on there the last time I checked, so PS1/Saturn might still be present too.

Comment

Anyone care to name import stores that survive? Besides Raven in London, everyone knows about Raven.

Comment

I don't.

Comment

I remember a good few years ago CEX in Watford used to sell import DC games. I picked up some good gems from there back in the day. JP D2, U.S Seaman and U.S PSO ver 2 to name just a few. Doubt they deal in imports now though.
            Last edited by darkangel; 15-07-2012, 00:43. Reason: Typo

Comment

Ive mentioned this begore on here but i remember When GAME first opened in Liverpool and the Saturn was about to be launched. The staff were challenging anyone to a match of virtua fighter, if you won you got a free free tshirt... I actually whooped the staff member playing, to his surprise, I actually knew how to play the game, even though it had not been released in the country yet (good ole importing ) anyways they didn't have any tshirts left so all I had to take away was my sweet victory I was so proud of my lil self at the time lol...

To go back on topic, i remember that place in cavern walks as I again challenged one of the guys to street fighter 2 on the snes back in the day. Think I actually lost that match as, to use that old cliched excuse, I was made to play on the right hand side and could pull off my moves lol... I remember buying royal rumble and an import converter from them... Decent guys...

Oh actually, thinking back a bit more, I also challenged Jamie red knapp to a street fighter 2 game in comet when he had just joined Liverpool FC, and not to brag but he was rubbish at the game... I'm not the type to play against peeps in games , but from the sound of this post, I got a few games in with people I didn't know lol...

Last edited by 112; 16-07-2012, 02:51.

Comment

112 I might have played against you in the past if you frequented town and jumped on games.

Comment

Lol, maybe do dude... It's a pleasant surprise to see that someone who has frequented this forum so long like you, is probably someone I've may has passed by many times in the past... What a small world eh!

Before I visited this thread super goal to me was a dude who used to live in Japan with a SD gouki avatar and made his white ps pad turn pink now we can add Liverpool to the equation

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Lol, maybe do dude... It's a pleasant surprise to see that someone who has frequented this forum so long like you, is probably someone I've may has passed by many times in the past... What a small world eh!

Before I visited this thread super goal to me was a dude who used to live in Japan with a SD gouki avatar and made his white ps pad turn pink now we can add Liverpool to the equation

I've been a member of this forum long before the previous 2003 stated. Times goes way to quickly for comfort!

And yeah my pink ps3 pad is still in operation.
                    Been a long time since those Liverpool days though. Been in Japan for over 10 years now. I loved going to chipshop with a wad of cash and thinking what I could treat myself too.
                    One of the reasons I came to Japan was because of chipshop, and their ridiculous prices lol!

Comment

It's funny what random stuff I remember reading on here about peeps, but I can't remember my mums birthday...

If yah don't mind me asking super goal, what brought you back to Merseyside for a visit? Has it changed much, since you left?

I used to frequent the arcades in the city centre, being a gegular at Aladdins Palace, monte Carlo and las Vegas... I'm starting to show my age now

Comment

Yeah I go back every year or so to see family.
                        I can say I was major surprised to see the centre done up with LiverpoolOne even though most of the shops are rubbish.

Comment

112, are you originally from the Liverpool area.? I'm just wondering if I know you. I've been in Japan myself for bout 14 years now.

Comment

Can anybody remind me of the name of the computer shop by Moorfields station?

It was a few years earlier than bits and bytes.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I didn't know there was one down there. It must have been a very long time ago since I'm sure Bits & Bytes closed down in the early 90's from what I remember. It became a leather shop but God knows what it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste2012 View Post
                                Can anybody remind me of the name of the computer shop by Moorfields station?

It was a few years earlier than bits and bytes.

Thanks in advance!
                                Don't remember that. Whereabout near Moorfields?

Comment

Working...
                                X