Madworld - ?16.99 at Gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C' View Post
    Yeah, huge 1993 style borders and slowdown. It's like all the bad 50hz conversions from back in the day.

It doesn't bother a lot of people here it seems which is fine (although surprising considering the history of the forum) but I'd much rather play the game as intended.
    Right thats me put off then as well.

My sole reason for importing a US Wii was to get full 60hz Virtua Console releases & also proper full screen/full speed games.

Why is it that Nintendo seem to be the only company now that still force us to play sub standard versions of games??

Oh well hopefully VG+ will have it cheaper soon.

Neil

Comment

Yeah, huge 1993 style borders and slowdown. It's like all the bad 50hz conversions from back in the day.

It doesn't bother a lot of people here it seems which is fine (although surprising considering the history of the forum) but I'd much rather play the game as intended.
      To be honest, this is the third game I've bought for my Wii, since buying it at launch. I'd probably spend longer modding my Wii to play imports, and then waiting for it to be imported, than I am going to spend playing the game itself. I'm just curious to see the game. In days of old though, I wouldn't have put up with 50hz nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Right thats me put off then as well.

My sole reason for importing a US Wii was to get full 60hz Virtua Console releases & also proper full screen/full speed games.

Why is it that Nintendo seem to be the only company now that still force us to play sub standard versions of games??

Oh well hopefully VG+ will have it cheaper soon.

Neil
        tbh, VC aside, the majority of Wii games have had fine PAL versions (including both 60hz and 480P options) so it was really surprising that Mad World came out like this.

Luckily it's the exception rather than the norm and Gecko OS means we have the option to import.

Comment

Is PAL Madworld still slow and bordered when run a US Wii?

Comment

tbh, VC aside, the majority of Wii games have had fine PAL versions (including both 60hz and 480P options) so it was really surprising that Mad World came out like this.

Luckily it's the exception rather than the norm and Gecko OS means we have the option to import.
            Ah you see I didnt realise that...I only have one PAL Wii game HoTD: Overkill which I havent played yet & I just assumed that other PAL software would be the same as Mad World.

I stand corrected

Still cant understand their stupidity with the PAL VC releases though

Neil

Comment

I've not seen the borders on the PAL version, but I have a US Wii and a US/Candian copy of Madworld and there are borders on that, so it may just be the way the game is.

I'll take a photo later and post it, if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                I've not seen the borders on the PAL version, but I have a US Wii and a US/Candian copy of Madworld and there are borders on that, so it may just be the way the game is.

I'll take a photo later and post it, if I can.
                Hmmm could be then...would be good to see pics if you get time.

As an update it's currently in Gamestation for ?17.49 as their deal of the week for those who cant wait for Gameplay to ship

Neil

Comment

Have to say, I played the PAL version last night and didn't notice the borders. That's not to say they weren't there, but if they were, then they certainly didn't spoil anything for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X