• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    im pretty sure they used to have games on christmas day
    In World War I...

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      Isn't there another bank holiday tomorrow? As far as I'm aware all the shops are open.
      Yeah very true it was just very inconvenient today!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Modern britain needs to adapt. I couldnt get sod all i needed today from the shops.
        Why not plan ahead, like we used to do?

Comment

I really dispair over modern Britain. Everyone whinges when non essential shops close for a day, but you can't even get a doctors appointment with your GP at the weekend. This country has it's priorities all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
            Why not plan ahead, like we used to do?

Yeah it was totally my own fault!! Im so used to our shops being open everyday i forget about easter!

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              I really dispair over modern Britain. Everyone whinges when non essential shops close for a day, but you can't even get a doctors appointment with your GP at the weekend. This country has it's priorities all wrong.
              Thats a great point. Doctors are so important and all a decent salary but they dont work weekends.

Comment

I assume you are not taking friday and monday off?

Comment

No im working until 10pm tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Yeah it was totally my own fault!! Im so used to our shops being open everyday i forget about easter!

Glad to see you know you've made a booboo. Now dont let it happen again

Comment

yes mr Verceti sir.

Comment

Comment

I work in a shop and every bank holiday it amazes me how people act like they haven't had 364 days since the last easter Sunday the way they turn up in their droves for bread, milk, etc. I just don't get what is so hard about buying an extra loaf/pint the day before to last the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by The Great British Public
                            I can't organise my life to incorporate bank holidays, it's somebody elses fault. I should be able to buy 8 pints of milk and 30 loaves of bread today if I want, as well as my daily 24 cans of strong ale and 60 fags. I couldn't even cash my benefits today, on a Sunday of all days. Bloody imigrants, go back to ummygummygumgumland!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                              I work in a shop and every bank holiday it amazes me how people act like they haven't had 364 days since the last easter Sunday the way they turn up in their droves for bread, milk, etc. I just don't get what is so hard about buying an extra loaf/pint the day before to last the weekend?
                              What are you talking about?
                              This is the UK, man, if I want to pop to the newsies on Easter Sunday and buy a copy of Hyper Whazzers, then its my damn right.
                              You've got to go out in the car on Easter Sunday to drive around moaning about religion until you find a shop open. Then you've got to buy two loaves and 6 pints of milk in case the shops aren't open for the next week. Under no circumstances buy these provisions on the Saturday, it's my rights man and I ain't gonna be press-ganged into buying stuff that I don't wanna buy on a day I don't wanna buy it.

Comment

I hope Britain stays a Christian nation. I don't go to church, or read the bible all the time, but.. I appreciate Christian values. Respecting tradition is a good thing for any country.

When people moan about Christianity as being negative etc.. they miss the point that just because someone claims to be a Christian, or to be a good person, doesn't mean they are. Jesus Christ is the role-model for all. No one else. It's a personal thing, but the religion has been respected and followed by the British nation for many many centuries. I don't see any reason to curb Christianity in this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X