Left 4 Dead 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Campaign out on Tuesday:

Your First, Harrowing Glimpse at Left 4 Dead?s Upcoming DLC ?The Sacrifice?

The latest downloadable content for Left 4 Dead 2 (and presumably last for the original) is set to launch next week. "The Sacrifice" DLC follows the original Left 4 Dead cast as they journey South, losing one of their own team members along the way.

While there is one real conclusion to the story, as evidenced in the previous DLC "The Passing," players will have the opportunity to re-write history and select which team member will fall in "The Sacrifice." It won't change the franchise's canon, but it'll make you look totally badass.
    Trailer: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65837

Great to see a new campaign but this is becoming a bit of a mess. They're releasing the same campaign for 2 games, adding L4D 1 campaigns plus original survivors to L4D2, and possibly adding some of the new infected to the first game.

Comment

No Mercy was easily my favourite campaign in the first game so glad to see that in the sequal but could really do without the new infected unbalancing the first .

Comment

is this out yet? how much ms points ?

Comment

It's out now, yeah. I tried playing it with some AI players and they fell through the pier floor and died.

Lovely, 560 points well spent! Shaky cam footage below.

Comment

560 points.

Downloaded it, but I'm not touching it until a lan party next Friday. Can't wait though .

Comment

Sweet. Didn't realise this was out so soon. Good price from Valve again too, as always. Paint me a happy smile.

Comment

Just been browsing L4Dmaps. I?m sure there?s a few Resident Evil fans on here that will appreciate the incredible (almost 1:1) quality of these two:

Spencer Mansion:

*picks up jaw*

Absolutely stunning. In fact, it's the most detailed use of the Source engine I've ever seen.

Resident Evil 3: Last Escape:

From the few updates I gather he plans to remake almost the entire game which sounds a bit unrealistic; the RPD station with a finale at the Clock Tower chopper rescue would suffice.

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                No Mercy was easily my favourite campaign in the first game so glad to see that in the sequal but could really do without the new infected unbalancing the first .
                Played a little over the weekend. The last section before the finale is a lot more intense as the charger can knock the survivors right off the building - well, he knocked me off the building. ;p

Comment

I anyone has this on PC, please can they friend invite me? Capcom_Suicide

Thanks!

Comment

Cold Stream Beta Released

Today we are releasing the beta version of Cold Stream. Since we announced it, Matthew has been hard at work on the map and the initial release looks a little more polished than you may have expected.

The reason for that is the difference between how we work on a campaign compared to modders. When we work on a campaign, we normally work in a rougher state without textures for a long period. Level design artists come in later and give the game its finished look with textures.

Modders often texture early as they have to create the structures based on the available artwork. They don’t have a team of artists coming in after them. So don’t let the level of texturing fool you. The campaign is still in flux.

We have activated the in-game bug reporter for L4D2. You can currently submit bugs on Valve maps including Cold Stream. This system will eventually be extended to work with community campaigns.

So how can you help and give feedback on Cold Stream?
                    http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5150

Has anyone else tried this?

Me and a few friends have just been through the campaign (3 levels) and had an absolute blast. So many funny moments. ;P

Edit:

Had a look to see where the Resi 3 campaign I posted last year is at:

Impressive amount of detail he’s managed to squeeze in since the last update. I’m not digging the lack of crescendo moments though.
                    Last edited by Kit; 26-03-2011, 11:27.

Comment

Someone has painstakingly created the town of Pripyat (where the Chernobyl disaster occurred) in Source for L4D:

Took the guy in question over 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X