The Final Destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Final Destination

Beaks here In David Ellis's THE FINAL DESTINATION, Death comes to NASCAR. In 3-D Took him long enough. The Final Destination trailer in HD That swimming pool death could be pretty fucking grisly if that drain is powerful enough to suck that...

Warning, the trailer gives strong hints about most of the deaths.

Given it's in 3D, expect a lot of deaths involving things flying into people. The deaths look even sillier than in previous ones (I do enjoy horror with creative death scenes). I'm not a huge fan of Final Destination though as quite often the deaths are a bit too unbelievable and the films are basically plotless.

And that swimming pool pump is probably inspired by a real occurance: Warning: horrible story -

(young girl sat on a pool suction pump inlet, made a complete seal, the pumps pressure increased dramatically as a result and promptly sucked out a large portion of her intestines via the anus)

I've heard that horrible story loads of times - sometimes a girl, sometimes a boy...yawn.

Comment

It's not an urban legend

Comment

I'm reminded of the short story "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk.

Comment

Great, I love this series, though 3 was mildly pants apart from the Rollercoaster scene.

Comment

Three was awful though thankfully this is directed by the guy who did FD2 which was great. The great thing about two was how well setup each death was, and how many red herrings there were...hopefully the moments in the trailer were some of these 'almost but not quite' scenes.

Needs more people getting killed by airbags deploying onto spikes too.

Comment

The rollercoaster scene was great and scary but irritates my inner nerd.

The ride goes on for about 4 minutes (very few coasters last that long, the coaster they used for the shooting lasted about 90 secs, they filmed several laps). Shoulder harnesses have a redundant locking mechanism so that if the hydraulics fail, they stay shut.

There have been lots of grizzly coaster deaths though. The bobsled ride at Disneyland California had one where the corpse was dragged a long distance (when they say 'dont stand up' pay attention.

There are frequent ones with those drop towers, two spring to mind: kid got his foot stuck in some grating, the ride shot up, riiiiiiip. Kid who was too short for the ride snuck on, when it was at the top, he wriggled out of the harness, these things fall faster than gravity. Splat.

Comment

I was on this one rollercoaster at Expo Park in Osaka back in 2007 called 'Fujin & Raijin'... a standing coaster where you had a harness over your shoulders and your feet on a metal plate. It wasn't so much a thrill ride as physical torture... hurt like hell, you got battered around every corner.

Anyway, one week later as the coaster was coming in to the platform one of the seats came loose - it didn't fall off, but it leaned over .. the seat collided with a metal structure beside the track and the poor girl in it was killed instantly. I don't know specifics but I imagine body parts would have been lost in that kind of accident.. doesn't really bear thinking about.

It turned out that the park hadn't performed any maintenance on that coaster for FOURTEEN YEARS. The entire theme park closed for good a few months later, there's no coming back from that kind of bad publicity in Japan.

Comment

Based on the last 2 posts this thread just got brilliant!

Comment

Fun fact: theme park safety experts say you're less likely to die on a rollercoaster than if you're not on one.

HOWEVER

That compares healthy, mostly young people to the general population which includes people with health issues and OAPs.

Also, people say planes are the safest form of travel but, if you calculate it by deaths per journey made by the vehicle, only motorbikes are more deadly.

Never trust statistics unless you've the raw figures and the sampling methods yourself

Comment

the last movies (and the reason they're all good) is that a series of events causes somebody to die

from that trailer it doesnt seem quite the same

woman accidentally opens sunroof, car tops up with water and she tries to escape and the sunroof closes caused her head to get stuck

i hope the 3D is as good as my bloody valentine, that was excellent

Comment

Working...
                      X