iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Well I'm not allowed to give any real details, but they all do everything (and more) that iPhones do, only fasterer and betterer. The highest specced one is particularly lovely.
    I've used the LG Viewty and thought the touch screen was crap in all honesty, very unresponsive, hopefully there new models don't reek of rush job.

Comment

I actually prefer the Viewty to an iPhone myself, looks quite sleek.

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me, does an iphone actually do anything different to a phone that you can get for for free (I dunno, a nokia xxx or SE-xxxx) that means it should be worth £270 more than them?

Comment

Short answer: no.

Long answer: It does everything the same except more slickly and quickly. There aren't any more features to be added to phones now, really. High resolution cameras, email, web browsing, yadda yadda. They've all got it. It's just who does it best.

Comment

What the iPhone does well is it's really easy to use and has the best mobile internet this side of a laptop. Not to mention it's a damn good iPod as well. Then look at the potential when the Application Store opens in June.

Comment

The things that the iPhone do better than other handsets I've tried recently are the mobile web and email. The full browser, when combined with the high res touch screen is fantastic. I think that's the parts which other phones need to try to catch up with and better, but of course its going to be interesting to see what else is added in with version 2.0 and by 3rd parties.

Comment

Seriously considering getting one of these now. My new replacement k850i has died again and im sick to death of it, ive got insurance on my account so can just get it replaced if anything breaks, but thats not the point.

What's the reliability of the iphones? i obviously don't want to fork out for a unlocked one and it breaks and can't be replaced, and apple would obviously not do a thing for a broken unlocked iphone even in warranty.

Comment

Well you've got insurance that covers your phone to it's probably irrellevant isn't it?

I think you can easily undo the unlocking anyhows before sending it away.

Comment

I want one for MP3 player and internet / text messaging but I am going to wait until it is lot cheaper. For now it is too much and not enough space on hard drive.

Comment

I doubt they will drop in price that much to be honest, they have been selling them through then releasing replacements. Just like Ipods. An Ipod touch 16GB will set you back £250 still

Comment

Touch's are coming down, bought 16GB one for someone's birthday the other day £215 delivered

Ebuyer stock more than 20,000 products for the home, office, or school from leading brands. Next day delivery and 0% finance options available.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Well you've got insurance that covers your phone to it's probably irrellevant isn't it?
                          You'd think so but after 7 w880i and now on my 3rd k850i (in just over a week) its slightly grating now ringing up for a replacement that will inevitably break. I had a w810i for 2 years and not a single problem ever, now nothing but problems.

Oh well such is life, ive had my vent for the day now

Comment

I think I am one ****ing thick bugger at the moment because I seem to have missed out something you have all been talking about - on and off - in this thread.

Can I walk in an 02 store today and buy the iPhone for ?169 and walk out without signing up to their ridiculous tariffs and pop my Orange Pay as You Go SIM card in the iPhone and be done with that?

Also, can you text/send messages to other people with the iPhone once unlocked?

THANKS!!

Comment

Nope you need to sign up to a £35 (?) a month 02 18 month contract to get the phone at that price.

Not looked but guess the phones alone go for about £500+ on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                                Nope you need to sign up to a ?35 (?) a month 02 18 month contract to get the phone at that price.

Not looked but guess the phones alone go for about ?500+ on ebay.
                                Not true.

You can buy them freely from Apple for ?269, you sign up for the contract at home through iTunes.

I've seen some people saying that o2 make you sign up in store, but they definately didn't before the price cut, and there are reports on other forums that they still don't now.

Buy the phone, get it home, before connecting it to anything download ZiPhone, follow the instructions and unlock it, then chuck your Orange sim in.

Comment

Working...
                                X