No announcement yet.

"I'll meet any man in this room in 60 seconds."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I'd forgotten I'd posted this challenge, sorry, or I'd have been on it daily.

Just to clarify, the early Lost Planet 2 stuff would be a couple of months away, I just wanted to plant my flag in the ground now.

Also, I hope you have at least ONE player that isn't brass. I'm not bad, but I'm one of the weakest players here, and your INTERNATIONALLY RANKED player Widegoat got beasted, so I can only imagine what will happen when the real players roll up Still, it's all in good fun, right?

So now we need a date. A weekend isn't really feasible in the office, actually, because security goes mental if even regular employees try to come in outside of office hours (sorry I didn't mention that in the email, ezee). A weekday evening is doable, and quite easy to set up as long as it's not a Thursday or Friday (I'm tied up with Monster Hunter stuff then).

If you can't focus cancel then you're definitely dead meat. If you can and you can hit confirm chains then I reckon it's on.

Comment

^^
      What Leo said

I have a couple of mates who are pretty decent and I know some of the guys on here are good too, so we will give you a run for your money (I hope).

Personally I will get battered but I will bring my ntsc-uk pom-poms with me to cheer us on

Comment

Weekday evening sounds top banana to me. Next Monday? Tuesday? Wednesday?

Comment

Wednesday next week sounds good to me.
          Last edited by ezee ryder; 20-07-2009, 17:55.

Comment

Next week I'm busy on Monday and Wednesday but I'm free on Tuesday.

Comment

Next Tuesday works for me...

Comment

Yup, good for me too.

Comment

Hammersmith is within easy reach, I can be there once I get the address time etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Leo View Post
                    Hello! I'd forgotten I'd posted this challenge, sorry, or I'd have been on it daily.

Just to clarify, the early Lost Planet 2 stuff would be a couple of months away, I just wanted to plant my flag in the ground now.

Also, I hope you have at least ONE player that isn't brass. I'm not bad, but I'm one of the weakest players here, and your INTERNATIONALLY RANKED player Widegoat got beasted, so I can only imagine what will happen when the real players roll up Still, it's all in good fun, right?

So now we need a date. A weekend isn't really feasible in the office, actually, because security goes mental if even regular employees try to come in outside of office hours (sorry I didn't mention that in the email, ezee). A weekday evening is doable, and quite easy to set up as long as it's not a Thursday or Friday (I'm tied up with Monster Hunter stuff then).

If you can't focus cancel then you're definitely dead meat. If you can and you can hit confirm chains then I reckon it's on.
                    There are a number of characters that do very well with out focus cancelling at all also they don't need many combos to deal reasonable damage so I don't see where you're coming from. You lot seem way too sure of your selves..

Comment

Easy tiger ! (punch/knee)

Prove them wrong Morph.........

Comment

What's a hit confirm?

Comment

Hit confirming is all about being able to react and do a combo quick enough only once you have confirmed that your first hit's connected. Say I do a heavy punch as Ryu within collision distance, I only want to chain it to a Shoryuken if the heavy punch doesn't get blocked, else I'm going to look like a plum and get punished. There are better examples of this but that's the basics

Comment

Some combo chains have to be cancelled for them to link like Akuma's standing HP into LK Tatsu. If a combo is not safe on block you should not perform it. So you would usually use a normal that is safe on block once you see that it has hit you perform the rest of combo. A basic hit confirm could be a timed jumping MK, if it hits perform the rest of the combo if it doesn't don't. Usually hit confirming is about being able to combo off part of a block string that has not been blocked and thus can require quick reflexes since you would immediately have to cut your block string short and switch to rest of a more damaging combo.

you beat me to it fuse
                            Last edited by Morph; 22-07-2009, 18:31.

Comment

Oh right. In a sense I've been doing hit-confirming for a while but didn't realise it has a name. I just call it "oh s**t, stop the combo!"

Comment

Right, Tuesday it is, according to Ezee! I'm not sure which of our buildings it'll be in Hammersmith yet, but we'll be ready from the moment work finishes at 5.30. More details on Monday.

Oh, and regarding being sure of ourselves - trash talk is all part of the game, right? This is the challenges folder, isn't it? What's wrestling without the soap opera?

YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN.

Comment

Working...
                                X