Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

A Tim Burton film with Johnny Depp and Helena Botham Carter? Get out of here!

First trailer's out for it now:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Quite like the visual style, captures the dark feel of the original books (although it doesn't match the illustrations). The plot is kind of a sequel to both the books but borrows bits from both apparently.

It's ugly

Comment

Very ugly.

Comment

I used to be a big fan of Burton's films but each time I see a new one advertised they just make me sigh as they seem to all be cut and paste from one to the next.

Never mind Johnny Depp & Helena Botham Carter, the sound of a Danny Elfman soundtrack has become painful. The CGI in the trailer looks really poor.

Hopefully it'll all turn out OK in the end though.

Comment

this just reeks of a film studio playing up to the current cult trend 'alternative' films.

Emo-Goth tacular!

Comment

It's ok looking. I saw some of this trailer on gmtv this morning. The CGI is a mixed bag, but it's the last of my concerns. Will it generate the emotional and situational atmosphere of the books? That's the main query on my part.
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 24-07-2009, 22:46.

Comment

no, but it is a perfect opportunity for

A: Everyone to fawn over Johnny Depp
              B: For everyone to claim the book was written under the influence of drugs
              C: heston blumenthall to release a cookery book of cookery inspired by the book

Comment

and D: People to claim Charles Dodgson was a paedophile.

Comment

and E: Might have been Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Depp as the The Mad Hatter reminds me of Elijah Wood.

Comment

The Cheshire Cat looks like Blinx the Timesweeper, Microsoft's uber successful Xbox Mascot.

Comment

I quite enjoyed that trailer..! Looking forward to seeing it, although I did expect something more.. American McGee style

Comment

What were they thinking casting Matt Lucas as a fat and bald person?!

Comment

Or indeed Helena Bonham Carter as a crazy woman with a giant forehead?

Comment

it looks exactly how i would image it to look after Tim Burton's got his mitts on it

Comment

Working...
                              X