Flipnote Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipnote Studio

Probably deserves a first play thread. Free download for DSi owners.

It's a basic animation studio that is designed to let you do quick and easy sketch animations. The previous frames are shown to help you trace over them or adjust them and there are some basic frame copying tools. It also lets you record a sound track to them.

It's not amazingly complex and it's designed to be quick and easy (although the user interface is a bit of a maze and could be better designed).

The best part of it is that you can upload your animations (via a confusingly designed site you need to register for).

Here's mine:

「うごメモシアター」と「うごメモはてな」は、2013年5月31日24:00をもちまして、サービスを終了させていた...

Hatena is actually a separate company that Nintendo must have stuck a deal with to do this.

Here's mine;

Comment

Just downloaded it, you are right it really does have a rubbish interface.

Comment

Here's my first attempt. It has a swear word in it and rubbish drawing.

Comment

*waits for Bada Bing's to get removed from that site*

You do get used to the interface but it's a case of learning where the features are. I get the impression they ran out of space so randomly put buttons and features wherever they'd fit.

And god knows what that copy toggle does.

Comment

Didn't take long to get removed then.

Comment

I'm currently using your flipnote video to insult people on Halo 3

Comment

Comment

Link to my profile where I've posted some vids - http://flipnote.hatena.com/94FDF6A0CC754F52@DSi/

Comment

Working...
                  X