No announcement yet.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks alright, but seriously what is with games these days and copying the GoW health rep devices. Also person playing it, isn't great.

Comment

Looks like the start of the game, so id hope the moves list will increase loads.

Still got my fingers crossed it turns out good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        Looks alright, but seriously what is with games these days and copying the GoW health rep devices. Also person playing it, isn't great.
        Pretty sure GoW didn't invent "health stations"...

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Pretty sure GoW didn't invent "health stations"...
          Of course not, i just mean't the way they are in these kinds of games. Dante's Inferno an inferior almost identical copy was the same. God, i hated Dante's Inferno with a passion. At least LoS is easy on the eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
            Its supposed to reuse some of the music from Super Castlevania 4. So could be good.
            Just listen to the soundtrack then. Since when has the quality of the ST had anything to do with the game/final product?
            I work in music and i've had some of my best work end up in limbo cus the end product was less than, well sure you can guess that last bit
            It'll be GOW/Dante/DMC blah, blah. Not saying i don't enjoy these types of games I do, just don't think it will UP the game any.
            Been a long time 'vania fan, so will still be a day 1 buy for me no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
              Since when has the quality of the ST had anything to do with the game/final product?
              Strange, that a person working with music doesn't think much about it...

Soundtrack has a huge effect on the overall quality of any video game product.

Comment

So this is why he wasn't in that latest teaser!

"Combat and Experience Walkthrough"

Comment

Good god that main E3 trailer do want now, now, now.

Never would have thought I'd be this interested in a game from the people who made Jericho, of all things. I'm still very cautiously optimistic. But it looks like the extra time's being fairly well spent, at least from an artistic point of view. At the very least this looks set to comfortably flatten Dante's Inferno.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                    Hahaha, that's awesome. I have stolen that to show some friends

Comment

Just listen to the soundtrack then. Since when has the quality of the ST had anything to do with the game/final product?
                      I work in music and i've had some of my best work end up in limbo cus the end product was less than, well sure you can guess that last bit
                      It'll be GOW/Dante/DMC blah, blah. Not saying i don't enjoy these types of games I do, just don't think it will UP the game any.
                      Been a long time 'vania fan, so will still be a day 1 buy for me no matter what.
                      I didn't mean that it would effect it in a huge way. It's just from my point of view it will be great to hear some of the old tracks done up to today's standards. Like the ballroom music, the cave section, clock tower etc.

Got its on US import, with one of those converter's one Saturday afternoon for £60. Ah, memories

(and yes, i had Mario stuck in the back)

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                        Strange, that a person working with music doesn't think much about it...

Soundtrack has a huge effect on the overall quality of any video game product.
                        I'm talking about game play mechanics etc. Music helps to set tone etc, but if the collision dectection is rubbish a great soundtrack won't fix it.

Comment

I'm talking about game play mechanics etc. Music helps to set tone etc, but if the collision dectection is rubbish a great soundtrack won't fix it.
                          It won't fix it, but it can help you ignore it. A great soundtrack can convince you to overlook a whole lot of things. It can't make a terrible game good, but it can make a flawed game fun or sometimes even make a good game great.

I'd rate the move to CD audio (or at the least higher capacity storage media and better sound compression) as one of the most important technological advances in the history of the industry so far. Deadly serious. But then I don't instantly fall to the floor dribbling whenever anyone starts talking about SNES soundtracks, so what do I know?

Comment

I used to tape my fav Snes and MD game soundtracks so i could listen to them on my Walkman. I'd make up my own covers for the tape cases from cut outs from old gaming mags etc.

Comment

Probably the wrong thread for this, but I'm kinda jibbery and your post took me back..

I used to write programs (Copied from magazines, books, fanzines) into various computers. C64. Acorn. Atari. Amstrad. Tandy. Save them onto tape and make a case cover.

Oh Lord - Take me back! (after I've played this though - think this is gonna work out)

Comment

But what about if it wasn't called Castlevania? Would anyone even notice?
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X