Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I have all kinds of hope for this game! Story, narrative, musical score and of course gameplay! I think the first 3 are pretty much a given so it rests on the all important gameplay!

My only reservation is that it has God of War button sections on the massive bosses!

Being a big castlevania fan I cannot wait for this, one of 2010s most wanted for me!

Sorry just seen it in the gamecom thread!!

*remove*

Comment

Looks very good. Castlevania is a series in need of a decent console game after all the handheld titles.

Comment

I'm very, very interested what with the look and the cast and the oh, wow, it's God of War. The big downside for me would be Mercury Steam's only other game - Clive Barker's Jericho - was ****ing horrendous, pardon my French, and one of the most tedious pieces of rubbish I've ever played. But they do obviously have some degree of technical chops, and hey, Starbreeze were godawful once upon a time, so maybe Hideo Kojima can whip them into shape?

Comment

Looks great but it needs to make sure it keeps its identity.

There are an awful lot of God of War and Devil May Cry clones around.

Comment

Konami have been playing God of War and watching Underworld. That's not a bad thing, but.. Kojima is.

I'd much rather have a hi-def 2D CastlevaniaV - made by Treasure.

Comment

Looks stunning to me . I can't get enough of these style of games myself , special mention must go to the music score too
              Oh and imo Starbreeze , have always been awesome . Never really got the Enclave hate

Comment

I'm such a big CV fan, but the PS2 version really turned me off seeing them ever produce a top quality 3D version. As soon as I played God Of War I knew that this is what CV 3D shouldve been like, so its good to see they're taking ideas from that series.

This is looking good in all ways, but I'll wait for a review b4 buying.

Is this on both 360 & PS3 does anyone know?

Comment

I don't get anyone who likes Enclave or Knights of the Temple in any way whatsoever. Ghastly, ugly, lifeless, spiritless rubbish, devoid of anything to engage anyone with any taste. I'm pretty much not trying to troll, either, I do not understand how anyone can look at it (much less play the bloody thing) and not feel ill. I am not joking when I say you'd have to pay me rather a lot of money to get me to play Enclave again. I was astonished at how good the original Riddick was - almost couldn't believe it had come from the same developer. Starbreeze are still dumb; the city levels in The Darkness were horrible and Dark Athena was still liberally peppered with embarassing it's-only-a-videogame moments, but they've improved under Vin more than any other developer I've taken any notice of.

This is almost on topic, too, since Jericho was ****ing awful also. Mercury Steam obviously have some talented artists and designers on board, but Jericho was so hideously dull (no feedback, awful animation, lifeless levels, terrible QTEs, and let's not get started on the pathetic worldbuilding and backstory) I could not stand playing it very far past the opening big twist. I have very, very big misgivings about Lords of Shadow, but I'm still interested, because I've seen a savvy producer turn one half-assed developer into a goldmine and I'd like to believe it can happen again.

Comment

I hated Jericho too. Just boring with nothing new added to the genre.

However I'm looking forward to this new CV (altho not too much just incase)

Comment

Interview with Konami big wig regarding Castlevania: Lord of Shadow and how involved Mr Kojima is with the project.

A reassuring read although late 2010 release. Plently of time to get it right then, hopefully!

I cannot help but think the amount of effort being put into the game is huge!
                      Last edited by 'Press Start'; 04-09-2009, 14:30.

Comment

That was indeed a very good interview. Some decent straight answers, too. Doesn't exactly stop my misgivings but it does seem as if this is worth keeping an eye out for.

Comment

So basically we're not going to get this until October

Comment

All I have seen so far from the game is nothing short of absolutely stunning stuff !!
                            I love the whole setting and atmosphere of this game, and the action looks like it's gonna be great as well...

let them take their time, don't release anymore ingame movies and I hope the be blown away by it when the game is to be released !

Comment

I agree.

I am enamoured by what i ve seen so far in terms of screenshots and footage

And i would prefer them to err on the side of caution and not rush a release if it meant an improvement on production values.

If it can only capture the spirit of the 2-d games and merge it with modern day graphics etc then i will be happy. Its not that the previous forays into 3-d were neccesarily bad its just they didnt do the franchise justice nor scrape the surface of its potential

Any parallels drawn to god of war i see as positive rather than negative

Comment

Working...
                              X