No announcement yet.

Rambo 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film on hold whilst Stallone clears his current film plate. Unsure whether to make it a finale or a passing of the torch film.

FINALE!!!!

Comment

Weren't the last 2 Rambo films a finale as well.

Comment

If they Kill off Rambo - which is perfectly cool if they end on an epic final film, not Rocky 5 style (which thankfully was so bad they HAD to make another film) - then they have to face Rambo against an army. Literally. Having him killed any other way just wouldnt feel right...
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

..... You say that now, but in the novel for first blood he is

killed by just one man

Kind of shows how far over the top the series has become and how far it has moved away from the ideas in the original story.

Not that I am complaining, Rambo 4 was great.

Comment

Rambo 4 was one of the greatest films I've ever seen. Possibly the only good thing to come out of making a sequel to a long dormant series.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              ..... You say that now, but in the novel for first blood he is

killed by just one man

Kind of shows how far over the top the series has become and how far it has moved away from the ideas in the original story.

Not that I am complaining, Rambo 4 was great.
              That is a very fair point. It's more of a personal thing and how I have always perceived Rambo - even as a kid, after seeing the first film (gotta love growing up with these classics) he was and still is the ultimate war machine, in my mind of course. To me it is only a war or a single bullet to the brain from his own hand that can end him satisfyingly :-)
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I think he's single handedly toppled that many militia groups and commanders that for me he'd probably have to be killed in some sort of self-sacrificing manner. In a straight up battle he'd probably take down God at this point... unless he lost in a fist fight... with Rocky!

Comment

Stallone has revealed some new updates about the film and himself in an interview:

"Q: You and Arnie used to be enemies.

A: That went on for a long time. We couldn’t stand to be in the same room. But I like a good adversary. It makes you lose sleep and want to get up in the morning and go to the gym. We started in the business almost the same day. We were at the Golden Globes and he had won for best newcomer; I lost for best actor but we had won best picture, and I took this bouquet of flowers and threw it on him like, “It’s on, pal!” From that day on it was a very competitive thing. Then you move on, have families, and you realize that this fellow’s very similar to you. Now we get along great."

"Q: When did it change?

A: When he started to run for governor. He started inviting me to events. I said no, then my wife says, “Come on, he’s extending the olive branch,” and next thing I know is I’m on the campaign trail, then we just hit it off. He did some great things, like, to be in Expendables when he was governor, for free."

"Q: Did you really turn down American Gigolo, An Officer and a Gentleman and Pretty Woman—three Richard Gere films?

A: Yeah. He’s prettier. I’m not a romantic lead. I look in the mirror—“Jesus! This is crooked, that’s drooping, the voice sounds like a pallbearer.”"

"Q: You came back with Rocky Balboa.

A: My career was over, dead with a fork in it. Ten years past prime. I said let me do one more thing and end Rocky on the proper note. Every door was closed. The studio said, “Even if you got financing we wouldn’t do it. You’re a joke. No one wants to see a broken-down fighter following a sequel that was a disaster 16 years earlier.” I was down in Mexico all depressed. This producer walked in. I said, “I wrote another Rocky.” I think he took the script as a courtesy. His wife read it and she cried. He said if you can do this thing for $20 million … [Rocky Balboa would gross $150 million worldwide.] I’m dying to do another Rambo. He’s in Arizona on the border. It will involve him going into Mexico. I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans."

SPOILER

Q: So will you kill him off?

A: Yeah.

Comment

Which means he won't.

Also, I really like listening to Stallone, think he's a surprisingly interesting man and it's a shame more film makers aren't as passionate about what they do as he is.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 13-03-2012, 00:43.

Comment

Stallone has spoken more on the final Rambo film saying he thinks it's becoming more and more likely to happen with the setting looking to hold in Mexico. He once again suggests it'll be a literal final stand for the character.

Comment

I find the Rambo movies so strange. They get further and further away from the ideas of the first one. I think he's one of the most misunderstood characters around, people think of him as a super action hero but he's lonely, depressed and alienated.

They drew first blood sir. They drew first blood.

Comment

I agree with Adam about the way they should end Rambo. I want lots of scenes where the big bad is shouting; 'he's just one man!!!' -cutting to scenes of him mowing down fields full of soldiers.

Comment

At last report, a fifth “Rambo” film was on hold while eOne and NuImage were working together on a TV series reboot of the franchise with a younger actor taking on Sylvester Stallone’s iconic role of John Rambo. Plans seem to have changed with an announcement today that Splendid Media has acquired the rights to […]

Boom! Apparently the tv series is off and this is back, so back in fact it's already been written by Stallone himself and will see him return as John Rambo to fight the Mexican Cartel

Comment

Given at the end of Rambo IV he was in Arizona, then it isn't much of a push to have something happen there involving Mexicans...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

oh, good luck with that sly. Sounds risky.

Comment

Working...
                                X