No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ordered the CE from game, I'm looking forward to losing my life again in a final fantasy mmorpg.

Comment

I really enjoyed FFXI, had an incredibly soothing atmosphere. Think I'll start up FFXIV. Really liking the fact they're making the game more solo friendly. Spending an hour looking for groups for Valkrum dunes is my send most vivid FFXI memory (second being {moat carp} {do you have it?} )

Buying the special edition will still work out cheaper than starting up WoW again for cataclysm.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
        With the test entering beta now, have they increased the number of hours playtime we have available over the alpha?

Decided to cut back on FFXI for a while so hoping to put some proper hours into this.
        Doesn't mention when the beta is going to start, just that the client should have been available to download this morning. It isn't though, technical difficulties.

Comment

technical difficulties = 50,000 people hammering the site at once.

Comment

No, I don't even think they published the link for the new client actually.

Comment

I've just pre-ordered the PC version as well, I can't wait until March. I'll play on PC, then move over to PS3.

They have guaranteed that you can cross-play correct?

Still haven't been emailed to beta test yet either

Comment

Yeah, that they can control both platforms independently is the reason they've cited for going with PC/PS3 over 360.

Comment

Cool. Hope my Alienware can run it though. (I've had it about 3 years now) Does anyone know the System Requirements?
                  Last edited by elaniel; 02-07-2010, 14:07.

Comment

Run the benchmark app and you'll soon see.

EDIT: Also, UK website has been updated now.

Comment

Thanks, I remembered there being one for FFXI.

Hopefully I can invest more time in this than I did on 11 all those years ago. Gotta wait until I get home to see if it will work though. Fingers crossed there!

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        With the test entering beta now, have they increased the number of hours playtime we have available over the alpha?

Decided to cut back on FFXI for a while so hoping to put some proper hours into this.
                        I think they have mentioned on the Beta site that they hope to get it running 24/7 but will start off with allocated time slots to begin with.

Comment

Well I've just run the benchmark, and I don't even get an image! I guess that doesn't bode well!

No way will a 2 and a half year old Alienware laptop be that out of date already would it? I spent over 2 grand on it!

Don't want to post the image as it's so big but it's here the results I get:
                          Last edited by elaniel; 02-07-2010, 21:01.

Comment

Squarenix say anything under 1000 is unplayable in practice.

It's possible they may let you turn settings down and go sub 720P though.

I'd be willing to bet it's memory bandwidth crippling your frame rate. With lower res textures and a lower overall resolution, I'd bet on a decent speed boost.

Comment

I suppose there's no way I can improve that is there?

Sigh.... it seems I may have to wait for the PS3 version. Or buy a new pc?
                              I know a laptop isn't ideal for gaming, but I thought my Alienware would last a bit longer

Comment

Sadly even the top of the range laptops will perform like a lower-mid end PC which means they age fast.

Could always see how much the laptop is worth on Ebay and see how much you'd need to upgrade to a more up to date gaming machine

Comment

Working...
                                X