Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    ^You shouldn't need Windows 7 for FFXIV, and it's not likely to give any performance benefit.

EDIT - Reading your earlier post, I wonder what they mean by 'Windows 7 support'. It's unlikely they'll bother with a 64-bit executable. It could end up being DX10/11 only, but that seems unlikely.
    DX11 can theoretically give some performance benefit with hardware tessellation and use of the GPU for non-graphical functions. However given this is designed to run on a PS3/360, it's unlikely they'll implement those things.

I just hope they include a windowed mode and don't quit the game if you alt+tab.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
      I just hope they include a windowed mode and don't quit the game if you alt+tab.
      This was added officially to FFXI a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
        Nice info hic, 2nd link doesn work for me
        It seems to have two http:// s at the start, try taking one off.

(I tried to edit the post but it won't let me change the link)

V

Comment

Cheers hic, didnt work if i took the 1st set off in firefox, took 2nd on off worked a charm. Thanks

Comment

Beta application for PC version is now up.

Comment

Beta Link Some neat questions on there like your existing Playonline ID etc. Quite alot of PC spec questions.

Comment

im trying to apply but i cant remember my bloody square enix id, i know my registered email, and password, and all my pol details, however i must of put something random in for the id thinking id never use it, because everything i try turns up zilch...would really like to register for the beta too hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                  im trying to apply but i cant remember my bloody square enix id, i know my registered email, and password, and all my pol details, however i must of put something random in for the id thinking id never use it, because everything i try turns up zilch...would really like to register for the beta too hehe
                  Playonline ID is the one that's automatically generated for you, is the combination of letters and numbers mines 4letters and 4numbers, not sure if all same. So ABCD1234

Square Enix ID is the one brought in last year, you have to manually apply for it (see security token) Link
                  Last edited by Rep; 17-12-2009, 07:09.

Comment

Urgh, so many conflicting thoughts with that. It won't let me log into the UK applications page as I have an NA account and I don't want to apply with my "fake" NA details in case that stuffs up my app.

Do I cut my losses and create a new Europe S-E account for XIV?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                      Urgh, so many conflicting thoughts with that. It won't let me log into the UK applications page as I have an NA account and I don't want to apply with my "fake" NA details in case that stuffs up my app.

Do I cut my losses and create a new Europe S-E account for XIV?
                      Can't see it stuffing up your app, address details etc are trival? You should be ok on the NA page, it's just a link and an email address that's likely to be used?

Comment

A lot of the details they ask for are country specific (i.e. service provider).

I have got an EU account now. Just trying to decide which to apply on.

I'll do a check around the usual places see what the other "fake" EUers have been doing.

Comment

I've signed up on both my NA and EU accounts and stuck my UK address in both of them , anything country specific like ISP I just answered 'Other' to.

Doubt there will be any problems with me using my real address with my NA signup as it wasn't an issue when they posted my security tokens to me.

Comment

Just signed up for a Japanese ID and nearly got tangled up in something called Crysta, which I see from Google is their new currency system for in-game/out-game purchase (authorised RMT)!

Haven't got time to fill in the whole beta application now as I have to get ready for work, but it looks fairly straightforward... at least the first page does. It's all in Japanese, but they say you're ok as long as you can submit bug reports in Japanese or English (or German I think).

It didn't ask me for anything to do with my PlayOnline ID, and I didn't have to put in an address yet (but probably will for the beta selection). I created an entirely new login using the link on the beta signup page.

Now here's an incentive to get back to my study (which has gone on hold for the last two weeks due to illness/workload/general pre-xmas-break exhaustion)!

V

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
                              Playonline ID is the one that's automatically generated for you, is the combination of letters and numbers mines 4letters and 4numbers, not sure if all same. So ABCD1234

Square Enix ID is the one brought in last year, you have to manually apply for it (see security token) Link
                              aye, i signed up for the enix id a while back but as i say i cant remember what details i put in, however if i try to reclaim my password etc it accepts my email address so i know that and pass
                              the enix id site winds me right up to be honest its as fickle as bloody konami id, well at any rate ill try send them some email about it

*edit* ar-harrrr i got it
                              Last edited by Largo; 18-12-2009, 12:28.

Comment

Any word on the PS3 beta at all? My PC is far too archaic to even consider applying for this one

Comment

Working...
                                X