Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talizker View Post
    Signed up last night and now waiting (im)patiently...!
    how long till we find out?

Comment

They say applications aren't processed in order of submission, that testers are selected randomly (gradually increasing throughout the beta) and that they won't answer any questions on the selection process!!

I didn't have to enter my POL ID but that's because I put that I had played FFXI but wasn't playing any more. I think when the "am playing now" button is selected it pops up questions on your POL ID.

V

Comment

The official promotional site for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

been updated with new screenshots and new music(very ff7 like), can't wait for a new trailer.

Famitsu interview talks about the character creator and the main story setting, translators say...

the land is split between 3 forces , the savages(the beastmen of the game) which compose of a various tribes each with there own god(all very magical like FFxi people), the Garlean Empire who live in the north on a conquest to control the whole country(these guys are Steampunk FF7 style technology) and finially the normal people of Eorzea+Adventures(us), we'll be fighting both and have a "power" to view history going back 10 years before adventures turn up, its not clear if we'll be able to actually fight in the past or just view them as cutscenes but it was made clear it wouldn't change the present.

Comment

Finally got round to registering for the Beta, have to see what this ones like still not sure I want to start another MMORPG but will take a look. Been off with Falout 3, MW2 and Assassins Creed on 360 of late.

Happy New Year adn all that, might take a nosey back at XI after the holidays

Comment

i hope someone comes back, need help getting the pld AF body

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

been updated with new screenshots and new music(very ff7 like), can't wait for a new trailer.

Famitsu interview talks about the character creator and the main story setting, translators say...

the land is split between 3 forces , the savages(the beastmen of the game) which compose of a various tribes each with there own god(all very magical like FFxi people), the Garlean Empire who live in the north on a conquest to control the whole country(these guys are Steampunk FF7 style technology) and finially the normal people of Eorzea+Adventures(us), we'll be fighting both and have a "power" to view history going back 10 years before adventures turn up, its not clear if we'll be able to actually fight in the past or just view them as cutscenes but it was made clear it wouldn't change the present.
              Some of those new screens look really good, characters are very detailed for an mmo.

Comment

I can pop back I soloed PLD body on RDM, you pop both NMs and zone them to monastc cavern. Zone back out they will have lost hate and be walking back to pop, NQs will depop. Pull the one that drops the weight took a couple of attempts to just get one for me. Kill it get the well weight job done, the solo is trivial.

Give me a kick next time I'm on 360 playing fallout 3 right now.

Comment

thats what i did on sunday after missy pointed it out, so got all the pld af now. Also managed to get the tanking ring set off the new nm's

lvl55, -1% phy dmg, -1% mag dmg, set gives 50hp/50mp, went 1/3 and 1/5 on the nm's which is a realllllly good record for TH1 when other are at 1/20 with TH3 or 4.

Comment

For those who didn't manage to get a invite for the alpha, you can apply for the beta now http://entry.ffxiv.com/eu/index.html

Those who did get access to the alpha will get automatic access into later betas anyway.

Comment

That's the same application page that went up before Christmas I think.

Comment

Did anyone get an alpha invite? I think beta has been selected as well for phase 1, list should be published soon I think.

Comment

Haven't received anything here. Probably just as well for me because reading everything and finding the time would still be quite a challenge. Am guessing FFXIV development is taking longer than planned, given their announcement of a year's worth of further work on FFXI.

All the promotion here is for FFXIII too, at the moment.

It'd be great if someone from Rargh got in, though!
                          Last edited by vwilsonuk; 11-03-2010, 00:57.

Comment

I can't sign up for the closed PS3 beta with the code that came with FFXIII- I have the e-mailed code but I can't log in to make my application, despite joining the Square Members club and entering the correct details. I'd read somewhere that a Square Enix ID differed from a Members account but apparently the two were due to be amalgamated this year. I've tried to sign up for a Square Enix ID but the logon screen says that my details are invalid and that my username is in use. Is anybody else here having trouble with this?

Comment

Apparently, there has been articles on XIV in both Famitsu and Dengeki magazine this week. The information from Famitsu (detailing many of the current job classes) has been translated and posted here.

Some very interesting information.They definitely seemed to have amalgamated many of the defining abilities of different jobs in XI and created hybrids of them in this. Gladiator is basically PLD but has it's own Provoke tool (but no mention of any White Magic yet). Lancer appears to have techniques that we associate SAM and DRK, Pugilist is MNK and THF etc.

Really tempted to start with Thaumaturge though.

They've said that distance (in relation to your enemy) will play an important role in combat with different jobs having optimum distances to be at. Not just for traditional 'backline' jobs like mages and RNG but also Lancer is shown to stand slightly outside of standard melee range.

Translated version:
                              Last edited by C'; 11-03-2010, 09:22.

Comment

Nice find Rare, some interesting stuff there.

Im very pleased to see battle system not being a stripped down version of XI's, this looks like its going to be excellent.

Of the job selection revealed so far im thinking Conjurer or Archer will possibly be my first main job.

There is a Q&A with the developers here about what can be expected in the beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X