Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
    People who say "brought" when they mean "bought". It makes me want to punch them in the face.
    I'm with you on this my good man!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
      People who say "brought" when they mean "bought". It makes me want to punch them in the face.
      This doesn't really bother me, but I wince a bit when people put the letter 'r' in 'bath'. I suppose it depends where you're bought up.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        This doesn't really bother me, but I wince a bit when people put the letter 'r' in 'bath'. I suppose it depends where you're bought up.
        Deliberate use of the word bought!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          Deliberate use of the word bought!
          Blush, you got me!

Comment

I find the Youtube rock music thing incredibly annoying, also. I don't even care for rock that much, but the type of **** you usually get is your generic Bon Jovi chart-type ****e or - even worse - emo/grungey pish. I'm the type of nerd who'll type in "Granada music MD" into Youtube, mind.

That and when you want to see a certain obscure retro game, and they've 'kindly' filmed it using a video camera pointed a few inches from the TV, it's blurred to buggery, and it's all wobbling about & that.

The new wave of begging irks me, too. I see the same beggars wanting 17p for their "bus rides home". It must be every night they miss their buses(!) Instead of asking 100 people for a quid, they'll ask 600 for 17p. Having said that, I'd rather give a beggar a low set begging fee than a quid, and quite admire the logic behind it all.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              That and when you want to see a certain obscure retro game, and they've 'kindly' filmed it using a video camera pointed a few inches from the TV, it's blurred to buggery, and it's all wobbling about & that.
              It's even worse when they put their own voice over the footage, just to make the footage even more unbearable. As if we've give a damn about their opinion on X game.

(Note, this is not a dig at any specific person, but rather a rant about the many times I've tried to find some half-decent, untampered footage of X game on YouTube, and failed).
              Last edited by sj33; 28-09-2009, 07:15.

Comment

having slept on this a little I'd like to add :-

'I axed him' instead of 'I asked him'
                people who say 'refer back', the most commonly used double negative
                those idiots on buses/trains who insist on listening to rap out loud thru their mobile phone
                Fearn Cotton
                Sega apologists
                Last edited by merf; 28-09-2009, 07:53.

Comment

Jaywalking as the americans call it. They cross when they aren't meant to which is fine but then make no effot to cross quickly and stare you down if you beep them out the way.

Comment

People who say 'can you borrow something to me', I really don't get how people can get that wrong.

Comment

-People out and about who make no effort to consider other people: Stopping at the top/bottom of escalators, blocking entrances to read your receipt. Putting you shopping trolley/pram across an aisle whilst they look at items or stopping side by side with another person with a pram/trolley, blocking it for everyone else. People who walk in front of you then stop.

-Sexist adverts with clueless guys who couldn't tie their own shoelaces and smart, savvy women who are always right. Apparently the ASA says this is sexist but it's ok.

-The amount of venom directed towards Chelsea by pundits and journalists. It really takes away some of the enjoyment of following the club. Banter between fans is one thing but there have been occasions in the last couple of years where I've had to avoid even glancing at papers because of what they write. Current Example. It shouldn't matter but it does.

Comment

I could care less.

Comment

A couple of things I find irritating - People calling a certain supermarket chain Tescos. My brother works for them and still gets it wrong all the time. All that money spent on advertising one of the best known brands in the UK and people get it wrong. The marketing peeps for Tesco should just give up and add an extra S in there.

Convertible drivers - Get your roofs down FFS! If it is dry you can put the roof down. This is not the French Riviera you cannot afford to wait until it's >25 degrees and there isn't a cloud in the sky.
                          What is the point in buying a compromised saloon or hatch only to never use the main selling point of the car? Unless the boot is too full to retract the roof or you have an ear infection there is no reason to keep the roof up on dry days.

The Craig / Graig thing mention earlier in the thread. I still get that at work despite having worked with some of the worst offenders for 15 years!

Comment

So I walk into a coffee shop - whether I am on my own or with a friend or two - and I know what I would like to ask for when I approach the person taking the orders.

Yet, to this very day, you still get people who talk (or do nothing at all) in the queue and once it is their turn to order the blankest expression rolls upon their face and spend the next minute or so making their mind up what they wish to drink, or even eat!

It's fine at any other time of the day however, during rush-hour or at lunchtime - please would you kindly and sweetly f*ck off if you can't make your mind up by the time you order. Even the person who takes the orders look pissed off so perhaps you should hurry the hell up!

And woman with double - or even God forbid a triple - buggy walking together down a single path just to talk like they will pass away any minute. Yeah, you will pass away in a minute if you don't move!

And people who stop dead in their tracks in the middle of a busy high street pathway to check their bags, phones, items through the shop window or even maps in the middle of Oxford Street in London!

I think I might be unusually angry this morning.

I shall make myself a cup of tea to calm down.

Comment

Women who look smug at the end of an advert
                              Superfluous use of apostrophes
                              Americans who, when asked a question, say I wanna say when what then mean is "I'm not sure but I think it was"
                              People walking through the metal detectors at airports, sending the machine mental and then you see them pull a set of keys that would look out of place hanging from a prison guard's belt.
                              Last edited by Brad; 28-09-2009, 08:54.

Comment

Staring kids. The kind in restaurants/cinemas (talking/being an arse in cinemas is clearly not just a 'little thing' I'm sure everyone will agree so I won't go into that) who climb up on their seats turn around and stare at you.

The Japanese have a great onomatopoeia for staring that conveys the feeling of just how distracting it is to be knowingly stared at; Jiiiiiiiiiiii~

Smile at them, maybe offer a wave or hello but then if they don't say anything and keep staring it then becomes uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X