Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manbags?? Do you have one and whats in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manbags?? Do you have one and whats in it?

Recently I have come to the conclusion that my pockets are just not big enough. I can fit in my phone, wallet, keys and the odd tissue and thats about it. If I want to take my Ipod or PSP out then I'm a bit scuppered unless I'm wearing a jacket. Then I get very weighed down. I'm also worried about losing things out of pockets. So I have recently been contemplating getting a manbag. I know. Very metrosexual of me. However once I have put my PSP and Ipod in it looks a little empty. I wouldnt really want to put my wallet in it. Maybe my phone. But theres still a cavernous space that needs filling.

What on earth do men put in their man bags? I'm now looking at a small bottle of Jack Daniels. Hmmm maybe....

So anyway after much rambling the reason of this thread is do you have one? Whats in it and can you recommend me a decent one.

Thanks

I have to carry about a billabong record bag which everyone calls my manbag In it is nappys a change off clothes, and other allsorted toddler related items. It's also good for keeping my psp or ds in which comes in very handy when visiting doteing relatives.

So get a toddler or baby and a man bag becomes socialy acceptable

Comment

I carry a bag with me like the ones I used to use in college and university. My PSP and camera are in there, my lunch when I'm at work, writing material and pens for when I'm bored or have an idea. Other than that the occasional book to read for long journys.

Comment

manbag describes a wide array of styles, if you are talking about one of those noncey little tan leather things with a wrist strap much loved by spaniards, french & italians then simply don't do it.

Comment

Maybe it should go into the irks thread but I HATE the term manbag. And mankini. Any of that crap that crops up in Heat magazine and the suchlike.

A bag is a bag, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

what about the term 'bromance' to describe male chums who are too close ?

Comment

That's on the same level. Just makes me cringe.

Comment

Once you have a "man bag" i'd assume the next thing you would do is fill it with moisturisers, hand creams, styling gel etc? It's a slippery slope down the hill of disappearing masculinity........................

Comment

If you have to get a bag make it a practical looking one, I carry a laptop bag but no laptop. The front pocket is the perfect size for my PSP in it's case (yet another reason why I don't need a Go lol)

Comment

laptop bag - totally acceptable
                    courier bag - totally acceptable
                    supermarket carrier bag - totally acceptable
                    drawstring swimming bag - totally acceptable
                    briefcase - totally acceptable

continental style leather male HANDBAG (as in wot ladies carry) TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

we didn't endure the Blitz and invade the Normandy beaches so men could use ladies fashion holders with designer logos on them. why not go the whole hog and get a fluffy one ?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      laptop bag - totally acceptable
                      courier bag - totally acceptable
                      supermarket carrier bag - totally acceptable
                      drawstring swimming bag - totally acceptable
                      briefcase - totally acceptable

continental style leather male HANDBAG (as in wot ladies carry) TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

we didn't endure the Blitz and invade the Normandy beaches so men could use ladies fashion holders with designer logos on them. why not go the whole hog and get a fluffy one ?
                      Class. I use a small rucksac for my gym kit, manbags are just so......well GQ etc

Comment

See this?:

That's you, that is...

Comment

I used to carry a bag to work, hated it, one day i sat down and went through it saying to myself 'do i really' need to carry this with me?' the answer was no, have not used a bag since. Id say men need to be very carefull when it comes to bags, there are a lot of boaderline 'men' trotting around london with 'manbags' hung on the crook of there arms. Homosex.

Comment

I've got a leather satchel... which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              See this?:

That's you, that is...
                              haha... suits you SIR.

Comment

Working...
                              X