*spoliers* Beneath A Steel Sky's epilogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*spoliers* Beneath A Steel Sky's epilogue

So, I just completed Beneath A Steel Sky.

Does anyone have any idea what that epilogue was actually about? I didn't get it at all.

Remind us what happened.

Comment

Okay.

After saving the city, Foster goes away for a few years. When he returns he finds that the place has been overrun by clones of himself. He then wakes up, plugged into a computer through wires to his brain, to be confronted by another clone that just silently grins at him.

It seems to suggest that the whole thing may have been a dream, or might be a cliffhanger for the sequel. It's not very clear though.

Comment

Well there has been talk of a sequel according to Wiki so I'm betting they just never got round to it back in the days of the Amiga:

"Beneath a Steel Sky 2 is a project Revolution has been considering for a while, and has started to move forward on, but we are unable to comment beyond this," company boss Charles Cecil said in 2004. On March 4, 2004, Revolution purchased the domain name steel-sky2.com, although this has now seemingly been sold.
        However, in September 2005 Tony Warriner stated in Revolution’s forum that the game wasn’t cancelled, and that he would not lose hope that there would be a Steel Sky 2 at some point in the future. More recently, Charles Cecil spoke in an interview dated August 10, 2006 on Eurogamer of his admiration for the work done by Scumm VM and the resulting interest in a sequel. He also stated that if he were to make the game he "would dearly love to work with Dave Gibbons again.[5] In a February 20, 2009 interview with IGN UK about the Wii and DS versions of Broken Sword: The Director's Cut, Charles Cecil and Dave Gibbons re-iterated their interest in a sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky.

Comment

What version was it you finished?
          If it's the version I think it is, Beneath a Steel Sky Remastered on Iphone, then you may think about spoiler tagging that prolouge above. Would explain why I cannot for the life remember this prolouge or see any videos on youtube.
          This prolouge was never in the original game and is new for the remastered edition, looks like they are setting up for a sequel.
          spoilerific.
          Last edited by Family Fry; 09-10-2009, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
          X