Machinarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machinarium

What a great little game. I bought this on Thursday after seeing a review of it in Games, as these kind of games are right down my alley.

Its basically an old school point and click which is very similar to flash games such as Samorost (made by the same people) and Submachine. This tho has had a bit of money thrown at it and it shows. Very lush graphics and the sound is great as well.

Only started playing late last night and this morning but i have to say its an incredibly absorbing game and the puzzles, that i have encountered so far are very logical. A couple of head scratchers but they are the sort of puzzles that when you suss them, you wonder why you didn't grasp the solution quicker.

Very, very good game and highly recommended so far
    Last edited by NemesiS; 17-10-2009, 09:57.

This pc only or is there a mac version too?

Comment

PC, Mac, and Linux in the same download if you buy it from the website. Steam just does the PC version, I think - it's a 350MB Flash file, basically.

I don't even like point'n'clicks (hate most of them, in fact) and I still bought this. It's just so damn gorgeous I felt the creators deserved to be rewarded.

Comment

May as well pop in here.
        There is no excuse now, $10 double pack, machinarium AND samorost 2.
        Amanita Design, Prague, Czech Republic. 47,468 likes · 3,085 talking about this. Amanita Design is a small, independent game development studio based in Prague, Czech Republic.

Comment

Was playing this for about an hour last night, had a massive grin on my face as I was playing. The small animations that play through the thoughts of the main character/NPC's are just lovely. Have made it into the city it seems and the game has opened up some more now, lots of stuff to do at once it seems currently have a robot cat vs robot owl scenario to work my way through, the music is just fantastic and the art is even better.
          Feels good to be finally able to sit down with this and put some time into it this, will play more tonight before I tackle Limbo.

Comment

Finally got round to playing this all the way through (I think I've bought it 3 times now)

Really nice, a few really tricky puzzles. I would like them to make a slightly more extended version, the world and the little characters are adorable, but you don't see enough.

I've gone straight onto Botanacula, which is actually better so far!

Comment

Also on Blackberry Playbook for a fiver, i bought it but have not invested much time into it, may revisit

Comment

Being eyeing this up for a while on iPad, due to the wonders of App Shopper I rarely pull the trigger on anything at full price. What are people's opinions on this game on iOS?

Comment

It's a flash based game, so I can't imagine it is significantly different. It was drawn relatively low res so I'm sure you will get the same visuals on an Ipad.

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK View Post
                    Being eyeing this up for a while on iPad, due to the wonders of App Shopper I rarely pull the trigger on anything at full price. What are people's opinions on this game on iOS?
                    The game is fantastic on iPad. The pc version used a very simple interface where you just had to click on things with the mouse... So it translates perfectly to a touch screen

Comment

I guess the 'Ultimate' edition due for PSN this spring has gone the way of the WiiWare edition?

Comment

I believe as of end of March 2012, dev was just finishing it and getting ready to submit to Sony for QA. Fingers crossed it goes through with no issues, is the developers first psn game after all.

Comment

Ah, good to know. Ta. Let's hope so...

Comment

Ultimate Edition out for PSN next month, apparently: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...month#comments

I'm giving this a cautious "squeee!!!"

Comment

I think I read somewhere that this would be free on PSN+ too!

Comment

Working...
                              X