No announcement yet.

A horror for halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people like Halloween 3 so much? I thought it was the weakest of the classics (H2o and resurrection were both crocks of ****)

Michael Myers ftw!

Halloween 1+2 back to back on BBC2 this evening from 11.30

Comment

Ok spoke too soon hooper just freeked the shot out of me,
      may follow this up with Halloween on brd

Comment

Halloween 3 is like a crappy episode of Tales from the Crypt or Twilight Zone. I thought all the halloween sequels paled in comparison to the original, i never got why the hospital was so empty in the 2nd movie.

Comment

The Haunting with Claire Bloom and Russ Tamblyn, and Night of the Demon for some good old suspense and a comedy special effect at the end.

Comment

Had to quit, home alone in a creeky house and me being a wimp did not help lol

Comment

jus been watching REC, it was not as scary id hoped, mostly because i say Qaurantine already............. oh well.............

what to watch next............

Comment

Rec is worth it for the low light part.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Is "Mouth of Madness" the Sam Neill film where he's the author?

That was a great movie!
                  Yeah, I loved that one too.

Horror movies...Got nothing, well except Hairspray...Eww...
                  Oh, wait! Shaun of the Dead to the rescue!

Comment

Finally got around to watching Noroi. Quite enjoyed it, can't believe i didn't watch it sooner.

Got any other recommendations Smurf? I've been right out of the loop. The last one i watched before this was Ju-On 2, so its been awhile.

Comment

Shutter is worth watching for the neat twist. Fairly typical Asian Horror revolving around photos.

Phone is worth watching for a stunning performance by a child actor.

R-Point is a decent horror involving stranded soldiers.

Kairo (pulse) is liked by a lot of people, about people dissapearing only to appear on the internet asking for help. I wasn't a fan of it as it kept jumping characters and was hard to follow. Did have some creepy bits mind.

Comment

I had to sit through Angels and Demons because it was the closest to a horror that my girlfriend could find at Blockbuster that we could watch in front of her 8 year old nephew - Christ on a bike it was terrible...

Then when he'd gone to bed we watched The Haunting in Connecticut, which sadly was also a load of old rubbish. The 'baddies' looked so fake it was laughable and that has to be the dumbest family on the planet! The drunk farther had us LOLing hard when he had his rock and roll moment...so bad.

Wont be letting the girlfriend choose the films next year.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                          Shutter is worth watching for the neat twist. Fairly typical Asian Horror revolving around photos.

Phone is worth watching for a stunning performance by a child actor.

R-Point is a decent horror involving stranded soldiers.

Kairo (pulse) is liked by a lot of people, about people dissapearing only to appear on the internet asking for help. I wasn't a fan of it as it kept jumping characters and was hard to follow. Did have some creepy bits mind.
                          Think i've seen phone. But can't remember too clearly, might have been chinese/korean.

Thanks for the recommendations Smurf. I'm sure in Noroi they used the main theme from John Carpenter's The Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                            Poltigeist is so far not freeking me out like it did when I was 13
                            Poltergeist never scared me, but I always enjoyed watching it. #2 spooks me out - because of that old man who keeps appearing.

HalloweenIII is a fun film. I wish it wasn't called Halloween, because of all the moaning from people who wanted Michael Myers to be in it. I prefer it to any of the Myers Halloweens. Halloween the original is great, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X