Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2 (possibly) for ?30 or less.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's the general idea I would assume. I would also assume that most people that get into the store quick enough to get a copy won't be buying anything other than MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      Yeah, that's the general idea I would assume. I would also assume that most people that get into the store quick enough to get a copy won't be buying anything other than MW2.
      Yep. It'll be sold out before the average shoppers hit the store. They should do it ?25 with a ?50 grocery shop or something sensible.

Figure Asda are doing it at cost or very close to, Sainsburys are losing out.

What other titles are available with the Tesco ?25 offer? I'd get Operation Flashpoint but not spending ?40 when it goes for ?20 second hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        Someone on GAF is reporting that Sainsbury's have sold it to him today for that price.
        They had the signs out on the shelf in Sainsbury's when I went to get milk, but no games.

For a news thing I want to write: Has anybody cancelled a pre-order to get this cheap instead? Or is anyone thinking about buying it now that it's cheap, whereas they weren't before?

Comment

My local Sainsburys have confirmed to me it'll be £26 tomorrow and they'll have 150 copeis.

To above question: I will now get this at launch for the cheap price, whereas I would not otherwise have bought it at launch.

Comment

150 copies thats not many now this is all over the net, sadly my US copys here , as i wouldnt buy the UK version on principle of activision putting ?5 on the RRP

Comment

This is getting ridiculous! And now I'm going to stop drawing peoples attention to this atrocity!

Comment

ill be getting one tomorrow as a gift for my mates bd he would have had no chance at 55 tho

Comment

The supermarkets are going to be carnage tomorrow morning. I've been planning on going to Sainsbury's when the £26 price was rumoured, but now it's confirmed I don't know how early I should get there.

Comment

It's £32 on Amazon if you don't want to get involved in the supermarket scrummage tomorrow.

Comment

I'm working overnight so probably won't finish 'til close to 9 - hopefully still be at Sainsburys in time to get a copy.

Comment

Sainsbury's Cheltenham will have 800 copies tomorrow and 20% off all consoles.

Comment

That amazon price will have to do me, my littlewoods copy can go back once it turns up.

Not going over to sainsburys in town for 7 in the morning either, not THAT desperate to save myself a few quid.

As for the Makro price, yeah I can imagine me getting that! People will probably be camping the store for two days never mind one day for that sort of stupid money, maybe if it's a permanent price, but no ****ing way would that happen.

Comment

Just gave my local makro (nottingham) a ring, the guy didn't have a clue about the voucher but said if it's up on the site then they'll honour it. When asked about stock the guy said 'quite a lot' and there was 60 copies for 360, doesn't sound like a lot to me. Mate of mine has a Makro card, mulling over if it's worth the trek across town to his and to Makro to pick it up. Previous plan was to pick it up a pre-ordered copy from Asda at lunch time for £32

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                              The supermarkets are going to be carnage tomorrow morning. I've been planning on going to Sainsbury's when the ?26 price was rumoured, but now it's confirmed I don't know how early I should get there.
                              If it's any help, a mate from work with be swinging by our local Sainsbury's at six tomorrow morning!

Comment

I would just take the amazon price over the sainsburys one - it's a few quid more yeah, but a small price to pay to avoid standing in a queue for god knows how long in the freezing cold, with a hope (no guarantee of course) of securing a copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X