Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2 (possibly) for ?30 or less.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    I would just take the amazon price over the sainsburys one - it's a few quid more yeah, but a small price to pay to avoid standing in a queue for god knows how long in the freezing cold, with a hope (no guarantee of course) of securing a copy.
    I've gone for Amazon. It means I don't have to get out of bed an hour earlier tomorrow morning, which is priceless.

?32 seems fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      If it's any help, a mate from work with be swinging by our local Sainsbury's at six tomorrow morning!
      My local Sainsbury's opens at 8, so I think I'll go to the gym first and then queue. I went there tonight and there was still nothing related to MW2 on display.

I also went to a 24 hour Asda to get something and overheard a conversation in the entertainment section between two staff and they were saying that the entertainment section can't sell this at 00:01 and all copies would be at the customer service desk, but I didn't hear why or if they were selling it at midnight at all.

Comment

If I can get it from Sainsbury for £25 tomorrow (doing the shopping tomorrow anyway), will buy it, otherwise not too bothered as wasn't planning on getting it (just got COD4 a few months back!)

Comment

Awesome, the sainsburys price is on their website too - now I needn't have bothered waking up early and

Comment

Hmm yeah youre right their website reports 25 quid, whats the catch? even i might pick up mw2 for 25 quid, how can they do it so cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
              Hmm yeah youre right their website reports 25 quid, whats the catch? even i might pick up mw2 for 25 quid, how can they do it so cheap?
              It'll be a launch day offer, probably the supermarket's rather crude attempt at forcing game et al out of business.

In the future, supermarkets will sell everything I predict!

Comment

Hmm annoyingly the nearest Sainsbury for me are a bus ride to the cities then a walk to the city outskirts, but might check it out, bloody cheap regardless

Comment

Now for sale on Sainsbury's website @ 26 pounds including next day delivery

Comment

Well it was at 5.30 when I posted it, now it's not.

I suppose I am grateful I got up now, didn't have to queue but still got it. Won't be here until tomorrow, but a small price to pay

Comment

On the TV advert for this last night, it says the Offer ends on the 15th of November, so I aint too sure IF they will be getting more stock in or not. Could be they have x amount to sell between now and the 15th then they restock the shelves as such after that.

Comment

Picked up this morning from Makro for 20 quid, feeling very pleased with myself.

Comment

?25.99 in Morrisons this morning. My smallish Morrisons had 125 copies of each format.

Comment

I got to Sainsbury's at 6am and was the first person there, so I sat in my car for a while and ate my breakfast, then when someone else arrived and waited by the door I joined them. By the time 8am came the queue was quite big and it was carnage when they opened the door (I was the first person there, but not the first person to get served). Quite a few people arrived thinking the store opened at 7am, then left when they discovered it was 8am. I saw quite a few children with their parents ready to buy them this BBFC 18 rated game.

Comment

£25.99 at Morissons folks.

Comment

Just ordered a 360 copy from Sainsburys online, thanks to OP

Comment

Working...
                                X