Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JU! View Post
    As for PSP2 All I want to play is past PS2 perfect games and some original titles. I have some great PSOne games on my PSP and I think PSP2 will be the same but for PS2 games. Oh and this might be a stupid question but Power Stone is fine on PSP, so I think Shenmue would run on it no? I most look fwd to PSN vers of Shenmue and Daytona if they ever happen.
    Yeah thats one of the main things im looking forward too from PSP2 and thats having PS2 games like Rogue Galaxy & FF12 in the palm of my hands as well as almost perfect emulation of Sega Saturn & N64. As for Shenmue on PSP i dont think so, i know Powerstone 1 & 2 worked but they hardly pushed the DC where as Shenmue was the very best of what Dreamcast could do.

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
    If the PSP2 is on the cards for the next few years I'd hope that Sony would release a machine that is comfortably ergonomic, as playing with the analogue nub feels unbearably cramped.
    Yeah not only would 2 analogue nubs be required but they would have to be a bit bigger and more improved aswel as being suitably positioned.

Originally posted by kernow View Post
    Playing on a DS is hardly comfortable either.
    Yeah totally agree, after 30 mins of DS gaming your thumb is killing from the position of the dpad.

Originally posted by bash View Post
    All I want from a new handheld is for it to be powerful enough to play loads of emus perfectly and a brilliant d-pad that registers diagnals perfectly. Also at least 6 easy to reach buttons, not so bothered about thumbsticks to be honest.
    I think the quality of the buttons/d-pad/analogue nubs will all be improved upon for PSP2.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
      Erm, no... I don't think anyone has to admit that. Especially not compared to the wii, I mean come off it!
      Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
      The Cube was a bit underrated when it came to its software. It had some great titles made for it but to say the Piss............i mean Wii has better games than the PSP is silly as the Wii has barely a handful of must have titles available for it. I think mekanor must of been smoking something when he said that
      sorry should have realised this was a raving fanboy only thread.

i could post a list twice as long as that one you wrote before of the games i consider to be "must haves" on the wii but you would likely disagree, just as I disagree with the psp list. i believe its called opinion. all i was meaning was that the psp has been very very sparse with game releases regardless of whether they are any good or not.

Comment

Amen Brother.

Comment

Sam, stop calling the Wii 'piss'. It's not clever. Also, I'm a big PSP and Kojima fan but I'd disagree that MGS:Portable Ops is a good game. I like to pretend it doesn't exist in fact.

Comment

Kojima had nothing to do with MGSPO so your rant is baseless

Comment

He was the producer.

Comment

Hands off, and in name only he vetted the story

Comment

It was made by HIS design studio!

Comment

Hmm, the way that Sony keeps knocking out PSP iterations I'm sure a PSP2 is in the works but I'd say that if, as is made out in the original post, it's around Wii power then I wouldn't bother. The Wii got by via it's unique approach to design but if the PSP2 is just another handheld then, for me, that power won't be enough of an improvement on the PSP to warrant me buying it. Exact same games with a couple more textures. Meh.

Comment

There is quite a significant difference between what a PSP and a Wii can do, it would certainly make games easier for devs if they didn't have to make a specific PSP ugly version of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        It was made by HIS design studio!
                        In the same building means he made it ?

Comment

8=================o

1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12

;-)

Comment

Is it facepalm time yet?

Comment

Stupid argument. You know the point I was trying to make. MGS is my favorite game series but Portable Ops was a poor entry in that series and IMO has no place in a list of top PSP games. Just an opinion anyway; metacritic disagrees with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                                Is it facepalm time yet?
                                Because I love winding up Boris ?

Comment

Working...
                                X