Podcasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcasts?

Anyone know of any (decent) UK retro gaming podcasts, or import-centric UK shows?

I just can't get on with the US stuff. It's 80% waffle.

Have you tried www.retrogamingradio.com? It is American but is of a very high quality and very responsive to its British audience. Not strictly a podcast though.

Comment

I've just been listening to it but it's not really for me. It goes on too long. If it was 20-30 mins and tightened up a lot it might be alright.

It'd be good if we had a locally produced podcast of three or four people chatting over a set agenda of subjects. A sort of roundtable that lasts just half an hour, in the same sort of style as this forum with no one topic lasting more than about 10 mins.

Or one mainstay host and a revolving cast of guests so you get variation of opinion.

Comment

I only know of US ones. Dual Screen Radio, RGR, Gaming Steve & Gamespot's weekly podcast. I think the Gamespot one is 30-40 minutes & tends to deal with gaming news etc.

Comment

Retrogamingradio wrecks my head. The presenter just drags everytopic out for half an hour. He needs an editor because he just rambles and rambles and rambles without actually saying anything.

I've been listening to the 4 Color Rebellion podcast for 5 or 6 episodes now and it has alot to recommend it. The production is very professional. I like how they'll run over the past weeks news items and throw in a few thoughts about them.

If there's any criticism I could have about it is that it's very Nintendo focused. Everytime Nintendo release new boxart they feel the need to agonise over it.

Comment

*BUMP*

I have to echo Wil's question again here:

Originally posted by Wil View Post
            Anyone know of any (decent) UK retro gaming podcasts, or import-centric UK shows?

I just can't get on with the US stuff. It's 80% waffle.
            Dual Screen Radio is nice, but goes on for too long on rather dull games. I used to listen to One Life Left a lot, until I began to realise I wasn't actually enjoying it anymore, though as far as I'm concerned, they're about the only decent UK podcasters around.

There's just no decent podcasts that cater for retro (or particularly) import gaming enthusiasts. It almost makes me want to make my own - who's up for it? It would basically be NTSC-uk/Super Play, but in podcast form, with the perfect balance between news, reviews and features, with little section for modern gaming in thrown in ..

Anyway, back to the original topic, any other suggestions??

Comment

The video version of IGN Weekly was pretty good, but it's been on hiatus since Summer '07 and it's unknown if the show will ever return.

Comment

Here is a couple of podcasts, don't know if it's any help or they are mentioned before her on the forum..

In this week's SEGA Nerdcast, we discuss SEGA's biggest games of 2016, the recent Shenmue HD rumors, Hyperkin's Game Gear adapter and more!

Comment

Retronauts is not Uk based but the best I have heard

Comment

Bit of a bump, but Retro Gaming Radio is no more.

When I started the Retro(Gaming) Radio journey in August of 1998, I had no idea that ten years later, I’d still be doing the show. What started as weekly, then moved to monthly, took some hiatusii (is that the plural for hiatus?) show who lost a dear member along the way – just wouldn’t die. I figured if the show could survive the loss of Bryan “Kidhype” Smith, nothing could stop it.

Many of you have realized that there hasn’t been an RGR since September. Through the last few months I’ve been trying to decide what to do. What I’ve decided to do is let the show end while it’s still (sorta) on top. If I continue the show now, the quality will suffer more than it already has – and it will dwindle down and lose what made it great; my passion.

What I never wanted to see happen was that the show tailspun into some gross image of it’s former self, being one of those pitiful online shows that just didn’t know when to quit.

I think it’s time to close up shop before that happens.
                    I used to listen to RGR on a regular basis, but have to admit to going off the show earlier this year & tending to enjoy Retronauts a lot more. Still, a shame it's ending.

Comment

I believe the plural of hiatus is simply "hiatus".

I've never listened to this show, but I, too, am amazed that it ran for ten years!

Comment

It's such a shame Retro Gaming Radio is gone.

The show was done with a lot of passion and the very fact that it existed made me feel like I was part of a community. It made me realise that there were many others that loved older games and consoles as much as I did.

The retro scene needs a voice and it's bigger than any one man or podcast. If we value the balance that classic titles still offer to gaming we have to cling to a community mentality. In other words you should buy Retro Gamer, post more to this retro thread or whatever else you can think of to spread the love.

Maybe a moderator could change the title of this thread to reflect that RGR is no more?

Comment

Here! Here! thetrooper

Comment

A couple of years on and there're still no UK retro podcasts?

Comment

Better add something to the thread... These are all US podcasts:

Tried retroforcego but it was wank. Just two guys and a gal rattling on about crap and laughing at in-jokes.

Retrocity was okay. Informative but not very entertaining. The retro jukebox was a plus.

Downloaded one episode of RetroGamingRoundup and it's 7hrs+ long. I'll let you know in a month or two...

Comment

Working...
                              X