Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been listening to some more US podcasts:

Retrocore is shat.

Retronauts is the diamond in a rather large steaming pile of rough.

Comment

Yeah Retronauts for me is probably the best one, the retro podcast on Hardcore Gaming 101 is pretty good as well, although theres usually quite a gap between episodes.

Comment

I'm still pissed off with HC101 for slagging off Shadowrun on the Mega CD.

[/fanboy rant]

Comment

Right, been umming and arring about this for a couple of weeks but I'd really like to start a UK-based retro pod. Anyone living in/close to London who is up for it?

Comment

*MEGA BUMP*

Time for some self promotion. We, aka RetroCollect, recently interviewed Just Add Water's Stewart Gilray on the air. A really insightful and eye-opening discussion detailing lots of little things we never knew about the games industry, past and present. Something worth sharing

Joining the RetroCollect Squad this month is our very first special guest, Just Add Water's Stewart Gilray. Having spent an odyssey in the gaming industry - since the days of floppy disks & cassette tapes - this gaming veteran has countless enticing stories to tell, all of which lead up to how he became an inhabitant of RuptureFarms.

For those unfamiliar with the name, you'll have experienced many of Stewart's past releases without even realising. Having spent many years working for the likes of Hewson Consultants, 21st Century Entertainment, and of course Just Add Water; games such as Marvin's Marvellous Adventure, Pinball Fantasies, Gravity Crash and the more recent Oddworld titles have all been blessed by this British gaming icon.

But enough talking from us, Stewart has more than enough to say in the latest episode of RetroCollect FM. Discussing his colourful past, Stewart gets carried away by a wave of nostalgia discussing his early days including the ups and downs before arriving on his more recent ventures with Oddworld Inhabitants.

Podcast Download Link - http://podcast.retrocollect.com/7544...-entertainment
            Subscribe on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...ng/id565818789
            Podcast Information - http://www.retrocollect.com/Podcast/...add-water.html

Enjoy!

Comment

I know what you guys guys mean, the American biased gaming podcasts are too false and forced for me, and there's so much crap out there. Try these.

Retro Asylum - excellent UK biased retro podcast. One of the rare podcasts that talks about the Spectrum. HIGHLY recommend this one!

Retro Gaming Roundup - 3 guys, 2 American and 1 a northern UK dude. It's only once a month but its 7 hours long! Pretty decent and informative. Mikes 'hardware flashback' feature is particularly interesting.
              Last edited by ExMosquito; 26-03-2013, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                *MEGA BUMP*

Time for some self promotion. We, aka RetroCollect, recently interviewed Just Add Water's Stewart Gilray on the air. A really insightful and eye-opening discussion detailing lots of little things we never knew about the games industry, past and present. Something worth sharing

Podcast Download Link - http://podcast.retrocollect.com/7544...-entertainment
                Subscribe on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...ng/id565818789
                Podcast Information - http://www.retrocollect.com/Podcast/...add-water.html

Enjoy!
                Listened to all your episodes and absolutely loved the show. Ranks as second in my all time favourite gaming podcasts after Retronauts and ahead of Select Button.

I found it to be a British take on the Retronauts format which I think is what you guys are aiming at, no? Great stuff... Can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ExMosquito View Post
                  I know what you guys guys mean, the American biased gaming podcasts are too false and forced for me, and there's so much crap out there. Try these.

Retro Asylum - excellent UK biased retro podcast. One of the rare podcasts that talks about the Spectrum. HIGHLY recommend this one!

Retro Gaming Roundup - 3 guys, 2 American and 1 a northern UK dude. It's only once a month but its 7 hours long! Pretty decent and informative. Mikes 'hardware flashback' feature is particularly interesting.
                  I started with 1UP retronaughts but when it became retronaughts live i found it boring so i moved on to Retro Gaming Round Up (RGR) which I was impressed with so I also joined the Forum (Game Gravel). I also like The Retro League podcast which i would recommend because they also know their stuff.I have just started listening to Retro Asylum podcasts but i am still a little unsure about the actual retro gaming knowledge the presenters actually have,for example- episode 34 "I actually think the first screen on Manic Miner is the hardest" I know at the end of the day podcasts just contain the presenters opinions but i remember thinking wtf?.
                  Last edited by aticatac; 06-06-2013, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    Listened to all your episodes and absolutely loved the show. Ranks as second in my all time favourite gaming podcasts after Retronauts and ahead of Select Button.

I found it to be a British take on the Retronauts format which I think is what you guys are aiming at, no? Great stuff... Can't wait for the next episode.
                    THANK YOU This is a pleasure to hear and really reassuring. You're spot on with the angle we wanted to take, something we will hopefully continue to develop as time goes on.

We have just recorded an episode on the PlayStation 1 which is about to hit the edit this week, so hopefully you'll enjoy that one too.

Comment

Working...
                    X