White saturn non- compatabilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White saturn non- compatabilty?

Hi just about to buy a white saturn (at last) and i know some games dont like running on white saturns, 'in the hunt' i know is one but i have the ps1 version anyway so im not bothered. Can anyone list the others please before i start buying games? Thanks

I thought In The Hunt simply didn't work on any kind of non-JPN system, regardless of whether using internal switches or import-loading cartridge?

Comment

yep, In the Hunt (Japanese version) won't run on any Saturn properly or at least non of my Saturns, Gray Sega Saturn (1st gen), Hi-Saturn (1st Gen), White Sega Saturn (2nd Gen)

Yakumo

Comment

What does it run on then? Seems very odd.

Comment

Standard Japanese Saturn IS white, so, I guess a Japanese In the Hunt works perfect on it.
          I own a Japanese white Saturn and a PAL Model 2 (and sold my PAL Model 1), I can confirm that a copy of a PAL In the Hunt works perfect on all 3 systems.

Comment

Im a bit of newbie when it comes to saturns,but im pretty sure white isnt the standard jp saturn colour, its grey. I belive its the jpn version of in the hunt that jpn machines dont like,Any others though? Powerdrift or outrun have the same problem i think?

Comment

What do you mean by 'standard'? 1st gen jp saturns were grey, it was only on about the 5th HST no that white saturns appeared.

As for ITH working, nice one. The game seems very hit and miss indeed with no ryhme nor reason as to why it would work..

Comment

As for ITH working, nice one. The game seems very hit and miss indeed with no ryhme nor reason as to why it would work..
                True had probs with the U.S version on my old PAL switched saturn.

Could be also worth mentioning while on the subject of what games run on what system. The U.S version of Marvel Superheroes runs significantly better with the RAM than it's Japanese counterpart, and oddly it runs seemingly better on a U.K Pal switched machine than on an NTSC one
                I spent about 2 days testing this game (because I'm that sad) on different setups and the optimum setup (less slowdown, playable speeds, less crashes with the RAM) seems to be U.S game on a Pal switched system. Very odd, but that's why the Saturn is great, such a cranky old beast.
                Last edited by Escape-To-88; 08-09-2006, 09:20.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

My God - it is the ultimate game for collectors, surely? You can buy it, but you can't play it even if you wanted to. A cruel, comedic, ironic twist.

Get the PS1 version, s'alright.

Comment

In the hunt (JAP) works on my Jap 1st edition white saturn with no problems.
                    Last edited by gware; 08-09-2006, 11:19.

Comment

There must be something wrong with the programming if everyone has problems running it , both us and jp versions.

Does anyone have problems running the pal version on UK Saturns?

Comment

Nope, but it suffers from a lot of slowdown, so run it in 60 Hz AT LEAST!(switches)
                        You should compare the Saturn version with a MAME version (I think it was MAME running it) on a decent PC, that's alot of difference there for you, mate!!

btw, was thinking about the grey V-saturn, these are the ones from JVC.
                        Outrun works perfect on the White saturn also

Comment

Out-Run didn't work on my old White Saturn (HST-0019, I believe). Tried 3 copies altogether and none got past the "now loading" screen.

Kaitei Daisensou (In the Hunt :P) works flawlessly on my modded PAL mkII system.

Comment

I think it all depends upon what print of a game you have. Everything I own is Japanese but my In the Hunt can be a right bastard to get running on any 3 of my Saturns however I also own all the Sega Ages games and have never had any problems with any of them running on any Saturn. So all I can think of is that 2nd print runs of in the Hunt must be fine as with the Sega Ages.

Yakumo

Comment

Okay. My first question is - how do you tell whether you've got a first or second gen saturn? And how do you tell what print run your copy of In the Hunt is?

This is as good a time as any to say thanks for segagaga, Yakumo, if you happen to read this post. It's been an absolutely invaluable resource while I've been putting together my Saturn collection. Cheers man.

Comment

Working...
                              X