No announcement yet.

White saturn non- compatabilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy, just look at the buttons on the console itself. If they're oval, it's a first gen as far as I know. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
      This is as good a time as any to say thanks for segagaga, Yakumo, if you happen to read this post. It's been an absolutely invaluable resource while I've been putting together my Saturn collection. Cheers man.
      You are most welcome ! As for knowing what print of a game you have, I'm afraid you don't. They all have the same catalogue number. You may know about the famous Super Shinobi fiasco on the Mega Drive. Very early copies had Godzilla, Batman, Rambo and Spiderman. The Batman was removed and Godzilla replaced by a dinosaur skeleton. Next Rambo was removed as well but Spiderman stayed along with a copyright message at the beginning of the game. The problem is that all of these versions all have the same catalogue number ! So the only way to tell what version you have is to look at the pictures in the instruction book. Sadly you can't really do this with the Saturn games.

Yakumo

Comment

doesnt the game souky (can never remember the full name) have problems with running on some saturns ? (think they rereleased it )

Works on my white saturn dont know what version it is though

Comment

outrun wont work on my white saturn but worked on my PAL switched saturn ,

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
            doesnt the game souky (can never remember the full name) have problems with running on some saturns ? (think they rereleased it )

Works on my white saturn dont know what version it is though
            Soukyugurentai only has problems if you try playing it on a UK or USA Saturn with a 4MB Action Replay. If you've got a modded Saturn it's fine, if you ask me the 4MB Action Replay is a last resort to play import games any way.

Oh and my PAL In the Hunt works fines on my model 2 moded UK Saturn.

Comment

Yeah, the PAL In the Hunt is fine on any system. Irt's just the japanese one. Also the 1st print of Sokyugurentai does havea few problems playing on the white Saturn. that's why they re-released it. Funny thing is that it's only some white Saturns that have trouble running it.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                Yeah, the PAL In the Hunt is fine on any system. Irt's just the japanese one. Also the 1st print of Sokyugurentai does havea few problems playing on the white Saturn. that's why they re-released it. Funny thing is that it's only some white Saturns that have trouble running it.

Yakumo
                The re-release is compatible with the 3D pad also IIRC

Comment

yes, that's right./ Not that it's worth playing a shooter withy a 3D pad mind you.

Yakumo

Comment

In the hunt works on my jvc saturn, not spotted any probs so far.

Comment

JPN In The Hunt also works fine on my "Cool" Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                        JPN In The Hunt also works fine on my "Cool" Saturn.
                        Do you mean the Skeleton Saturn?

Comment

Yes, the one with "This is COOL" written on it.

I believe it was the last model to be released. HST-0021

Comment

Can't say that I've ever seen one, but I know what you mean, just as in the Sanshiro commercials...

Comment

My Japanese copy of In the Hunt works flawlessly on my PAL Saturn (first model, the one with oval buttons) using a converter.

On the other hand, I have Fighters Megamix (also Japanese) and it's very temperamental, usually refusing to load without explanation (the disc is in near-mint condition).

Comment

Oh yeah, there was one thing that didn't work with my White Saturn though: The VCD-card.
                                It was a regular PAL card, works on PAL model 1 (I suppose PAL model 2 also, but can't confirm this).
                                I know there are a lot of these made in all kinds, and most of them are claimed to be multiregion and all, but the one that I had really didn't work with the Japanese console.

Comment

Working...
                                X