No announcement yet.

Scottish Independence vote - majority decided to remain part of the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that i feel sad that Salmond has decided to step down completely.
    I don't think he realises that despite a majority voting No he has made a huge change in the way that not only Scotland, but the other nations within the UK will be governed.

Such a shame that he's not gonna be there to see this Nationwide change that he has created, & we should all be grateful to him for that

Comment

Has anyone got any links to the actual concrete plans and budgets that were created incase it was a yes to leave? Would be interesting to see exactly what budget the country would of had and how it was going to be used.

Comment

No, that was the whole problem.

There was a lot of we'll make X from this and Y from that speculation. I spent a week going through the 200+ page public spending disclosure for 2013-14, actual tax income for North sea oil etc, and when compared to the projected income and outgoings the yes camp were suggesting the numbers just didn't add up. Don't get me wrong though, the no camp were a bunch of lying ****ers as well.

Comment

Shame that it all seems to come down to "leg's get money from oil" and not some notion of "making the right governing decisions to benefit our society".

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I spent a week going through the 200+ page public spending disclosure for 2013-14, actual tax income for North sea oil etc, and when compared to the projected income and outgoings the yes camp were suggesting the numbers just didn't add up.
            I love that you made this kind of effort before making such a monumental decision, Colin.
            Some people voted yes because they were told they'd get better mobile reception and faster broadband! :O

Don't get me wrong though, the no camp were a bunch of lying ****ers as well.
            Some people actually believed independence would have brought in honest politicians.
            Is there even such a thing?!

Comment

The Scots would have won if they'd have had someone like Pullman

Hell, I'd have moved to Scotland just to vote for him myself

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Some people actually believed independence would have brought in honest politicians.
                Is there even such a thing?!
                They seem to have heart attacks and travel accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                  They seem to have heart attacks and travel accidents.
                  It was a sad day when John Smith died of a heart attack. My 1st opportunity to vote came just a yr or so after he died & Blair took over. I voted for John Smiths Labour, still believing that it would carry on in the same way. How wrong I was!

Comment

No, that was the whole problem.

There was a lot of we'll make X from this and Y from that speculation. I spent a week going through the 200+ page public spending disclosure for 2013-14, actual tax income for North sea oil etc, and when compared to the projected income and outgoings the yes camp were suggesting the numbers just didn't add up. Don't get me wrong though, the no camp were a bunch of lying ****ers as well.
                    That would be why I couldn't find it no matter where I searched then. Without actual facts to go on how could anyone in Scotland even think of making a decision or voting?

The whole thing stank of power grabbing by salmond when it all started, and still stinks of power grabbing now it's done, so I'm glad he didn't get the power he wanted, though from a nutral position I was curious to see it all play out just for the social experiment side.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X