No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a chest save for the XBOXONE on the go? Please LMK, stoopid 296 light...

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Next weeks challenge is going to be fun with Oryx. It's obvious that there's going to have to be someone different taking the relic each phase. Wouldn't surprise me if they add another mechanic to it too.

I'm so glad that they added these challenge modes as it means that there's no need to run the whole raid every week any more.
      I guess Bungie thought different runners would make the Oryx fight too hard (which I can imagine given how woeful many people are at running on daughters). Caught us all by surprise hahaha.

Anyway, challenge is to kill Oryx by detonating 16 bombs at once. Not really a challenge there then, given it's easier than running to bombs 4 times. Just make sure on the detonation round that the relic runner is shooting Oryx to keep his chest open. Have seen that bit glitch a couple of times and not register all 16 detonations, and that seems to be the reason.

Comment

Had a few problems with jumping ogres but we got the Oryx challenge done in 7-8 tries. Lagging bombs too at the end which killed 3 people, but we still managed to kill him, no weapons bubble either amazingly.

Still a harrowed helmet eludes me, got a lot of junk to drop but a 320 pulse was decent. Plus a Plan C. 5 of us got exotics from the chest, never seen that many before.

[MENTION=1259]Katsujinken[/MENTION] - get yourself back on PS4 for that friends quest

Comment

Hmm, you about at the weekend BaronSqwelch?
          Last edited by ^Katsu; 17-12-2015, 19:18.

Comment

Weekend is busy...
            I'm on the early shift again next week tho so will be on at a more civilised time for you if you're free. I can be on from about 5 til about 10!
            Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 18-12-2015, 04:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
              I guess Bungie thought different runners would make the Oryx fight too hard (which I can imagine given how woeful many people are at running on daughters). Caught us all by surprise hahaha.

Anyway, challenge is to kill Oryx by detonating 16 bombs at once. Not really a challenge there then, given it's easier than running to bombs 4 times. Just make sure on the detonation round that the relic runner is shooting Oryx to keep his chest open. Have seen that bit glitch a couple of times and not register all 16 detonations, and that seems to be the reason.
              This oryx method casused the game to crash pre patch, a few teams on YouTube and Reddit did it to see if all the bombs at once did all the Damadge, it didn't it crashed the game.

it seems the real challenge here is dealing with lag

The fact that teleporting ogres are such an issue really shows how bungie have ****ed over the challenge mode, it's like it wasn't even tested before they put it out live. Again it's bungie expecting perfection from us but having a wonky raid that's full of glitches and lag really isn't how I want to spend my spare time anymore.

Comment

To stop the Ogres teleporting you just need your Titans to stand out in the open a bit more, if you are half hiding behind the daughters pillar they seem to warp in order to hit you. Once we worked that out the glitches stopped.
                It's a bit scary when ogre 3/4 are ship side though

Comment

Very surprised they didn't go for 4 different runners. Also very relieved!

Comment

Got the oryx challenge mode done twice last week which got me the new ship shader and emblem, on both my hunter and Titan (I was away the first time it was on) kept one 320 scout and infused the other into my red death to take that to 320.

I'm getting a nice collection of 320 weapons now thanks to challenge mode, black spindle, blot caster, Yasmin, sleeper simulant plus the raid rocket launcher and machine gun are all 320.

I'm now at that point again where there's nothing left to see or do, bar raid once a week in the hope I get a ghost or class item, the two things I need to take my light level from 319 to 320.

The desire to carry on is not super strong now here's hoping we get a new event or details of upcoming updates soon, as it all seems pretty quiet on what's planned for the year so far.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 14-01-2016, 10:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X