No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an unknown Exotic Primary? There are 14 blueprints, but I can only think of 13 weapons including the class-specific ones.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hope you're all ready to throw money at the screen later today.

If this does ever encroach beyond the cosmetic, I'll drop Destiny faster than my guts after a dodgy kebab.

Although one could argue certain pre-order / collector edition bonuses have already gone beyond. Tis a fine line...

Comment

If it's only cosmetic, I'll support it. Especially if that means free DLC. Otherwise...
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Everyone is saying/thinking/hoping for 'free DLC'...where have Bungie or Activision stated this? A short and typically poor article on Kotaku doesn't count.

"Our plan is to use these new items to bolster the service provided by our live team for another full year, as they grow and create more robust and engaging events that we?ll announce later this year. It has been, and continues to be, our goal to deliver updates to the game. Going forward, our live team is also looking to grow beyond vital updates and improvements to focus on world events, experiences, and feature requests."

All I'm seeing is a money grab to supplement existing services AND additional services that should already be provided in such a game.

Calling it now - world events aka more turgid tripe like the Queen's Wrath event from a year back, experiences aka Blade of Crotaesque 5 minute interest, feature requests aka stuff that should have been in since launch (in game Grimoire anyone).

Hope to be proved wrong of course, but the hopes some have of new story, new areas to roam, new strikes and raids, seem like folly to me.

Comment

Ha, if you think activision is going to give you jack you have another think coming. You've had your free silver for your free shrug or kiss blow, now pony up ?50 for the next expansion/update.

Also, what on earth could warrant another 18gig of hard drive space in tonight's update? What the heck have bungie downloaded to our consoles?

Comment

It was 500meg

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
                It was 500meg
                Came up at 18 gig on my download section. Also not happy at the large reduction in drop rates of strange coins, motes of light & weapon parts.

Up next week, all those items your short of can now be bought for silver (cash). Go Activision.

Comment

After "preparing to download" it started downloading at 17.6gig of 18.1gig on ps4 and took 15minutes....so it was 500meg or my internet has had a big upgrade

Played a few hours of iron banner last night, first time doing so. Not really a PvP player so struggled with load outs but had some fun. Nearly rank 2.

Comment

Iron Banner and Trials rawks so hard. MGSV will have to wait another week now.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
                      After "preparing to download" it started downloading at 17.6gig of 18.1gig on ps4 and took 15minutes....so it was 500meg or my internet has had a big upgrade

Played a few hours of iron banner last night, first time doing so. Not really a PvP player so struggled with load outs but had some fun. Nearly rank 2.
                      Ah, I thought an 18gig update was suspect. At least it was only 500mb.

Also, monetary based boosts have been spotted on the bungie website in the tess everess shop. Boosts for levelling up quicker, also boosts for making the raid easier. Yay go team activision.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-10-2015, 09:01.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Ah, I thought an 18gig update was suspect. At least it was only 500mb.

Also, monetary based boosts have been spotted on the bungie website in the tess everess shop. Boosts for levelling up quicker, also boosts for making the raid easier. Yay go team activision.
                        Old news Luke smith has allready confirmed in neogaf and Twitter that they are not selling boosts via tess

This stuff was in the code pre this patch and wasn't linked to tess, some are scrapped in game items, that raid buff you mention was originally a speaker item bought with In game materials not silver, like the three of coins it was to improve drop rates not make the raid easier, but mouldering shards do this job so is defunct.

Your like Daily mail sometimes take some half information and report it as fact to further your own agenda.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 14-10-2015, 09:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          Old news Luke smith has allready confirmed in neogaf and Twitter that they are not selling boosts via tess

This stuff was in the code pre this patch and wasn't linked to tess, some are scrapped in game items, that raid buff you mention was originally a speaker item bought with In game materials not silver, like the three of coins it was to improve drop rates not make the raid easier, but mouldering shards do this job so is defunct.

Your like Daily mail sometimes take some half information and report it as fact to further your own agenda.
                          Whats this agenda then?

Also reporting that those boosts that had been spotted on bungies website was perfectly correct information when I saw it. It was a factual statement about something that had been spotted. I don't see the problem with my comment on it.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-10-2015, 12:28.

Comment

Your not a fan of destiny constantly bad mouthing it in here, so something like this which you see as bad helps to back up your point of view, your agenda. If the information is true or not is of no consiquence, you know like a tabloid.

As for saying the info was true some data miners found some old items in the code and you and a load of others jumped to the conclusion that this must be pay to win stuff as bungie is evil, If they found the 3 of coins before its announcement and saw that it gave a better drop chance for exotics would that of also been a pay to win thing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Your not a fan of destiny constantly bad mouthing it in here, so something like this which you see as bad helps to back up your point of view, your agenda. If the information is true or not is of no consiquence, you know like a tabloid.

As for saying the info was true some data miners found some old items in the code and you and a load of others jumped to the conclusion that this must be pay to win stuff as bungie is evil, If they found the 3 of coins before its announcement and saw that it gave a better drop chance for exotics would that of also been a pay to win thing too.
                              There's a difference between a pay to win item and an in game help item though isn't there. 3 of coins got nerfed the second it started dishing out exotics, it's now nigh on useless. That data was regarding the tess eververse monetary stuff, which I can only see as a bad thing, it was out of date info granted, but still factually correct.

I have the right to bad mouth something if I wish on here, I'm normally quite positive I like to think. However Activisions business practices have ruined my commitment to the game. Again, I'm not making anything up here. The data was there, and it stated what it did, it was pay to win, plain and simple.

Comment

My 3oC aren't useless...still at 1in 5 uses for me...the occasional 310s have got me infused to a high of 307 ( my pref build is 305)

I do get mainly helmets and specials annoyingly...got the last helmet to complete the titan armour set just now. Would love a Truth or Thunderlord though.

Also, this is now 7 days in a row that it's happened, pop one before logging off and when you play the next day the first ultra you beat will drop one!

The weapon parts nerf is a p.i.t.a tho...have had to stop upgrading my occasional use weapons to build up a stash.

Comment

Working...
                                X