Neo Geo owners - are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows
    To be fair, I don't think Broon's all that arsed about overly technical fighters. He prefers the older stuff I think, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.
    anybody who knows me realises that is beating a dead horse with a stick

i am a motw haterzzzzz - why you ask!!!!

because its the bastard child of an excellent series of games, its the poor hick cousin thats shunned by the rest of the family and i hate thats its part of the garou densetsu series, motw is not technical, far from it the only innovation it has is guard breakers apart from that nothing else, all combos are pretty small - i love other fighters with are technical things like 3rd strike

its also far too easy compared with fatal fury special - which is the best in the series you normally have to put your hair out to get a decent run in special but normally you can get AAA or even specials with ease on motw

personally i see it as a sell out to try and mass market the neo - but i guess snk as a company rely on business from all communities rather than the 'hardcore' gamer

i will always admit though that its looks beautiful and snk did a great job making a game look like that on old hardware

sorry fellas but i guess if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world

Comment

I'm finding the advanced combos in Garou pretty deep. Breaking moves mid-combo requires tighter timing than any other game I've played. You have to be God to pull off a proper 40%-50% combo during a real match. I don't think you could survive against somone decent at the game with like 7-8 generic jump-ins, especially if they're JD'ing you at every available opportunity. The winner = the combo master.

You coming to this meet in Manny? I've yet to play Windjammers on an AES!

Comment

Working...
      X