Neo Geo owners - are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
    I was playing Baseball Stars 2 on Kawa-X last night. Most enjoyable.

Comment

Baseball Stars 2 is probably the best arcade sports game going. Unlimited fun that NEVER gets boring. Why oh why did I sell up before. ft:

Comment

Hey Mr Moneypants, I've not got the green to be spending ?500 on a single game!

Comment

Baseball Stars 2 US can be found in decent 'gamer' nick for around ?80 in p+p. That's if you can be arsed finding it. It took me 6 months to get ahold of a jap. one. Mind, when it arrived it was proper like-new! Then I sold it because I'm a ****.

Comment

I wouldn't say selling it was indicative of a "****", more a clown

That said, people openly and proudly discuss using emulators on this site. So I shall to, dammit!

Comment

I woke up got outta Bed dragged a comb accross my head, went down stairs and had a cup, and noticed that my neo aes had come.

Of course this was after paying ?20.45 parcel force charge (the bastards)

Top tip if u's do buy a neo make sure u allow for such a charge or do teh old mark the value down trick.

anyway for ?150 buy it now off ebay japan type scenario i got....

2x joysticks (one old style one new)
              jap leads (i use my megadrive rgb lead and power supply)
              the console (obviously)
              and ART OF FIGHTING 2

and it looks great thru the RGB and ART OF FIGHTING 2 is supprisingly good very tough though (thats y i like it i guess

my advice yeah y not if ya got teh money

Ringo

Comment

Exactly the same package I had considered. But I wanted the right serial, so I couldn't get it as cheap as that

Comment

Jusy got back from Japan where i saw an AES boxed for about ?75 and SNK vs Capcom for about ?100.
                  Kicking myself now i didnt get it,but i had too much to carry anyway.
                  Whats the going rate for an AES?

Comment

Ouch, you should've taken SVC, you would've probaly pulled in ?100 profit.
                    The AES price varies a lot depending on serial number, condition of console/controllers/box and presence of manuals/registration cards but ballpark would be ?150 maybe?

Comment

Whoops!

Comment

If you don't care about the box and you're willing to buy a console that's not mint, you can get one with an extra "kidney-controller" for about ?155 from Hong Kong or Japan. I think someone's already written that in this thread, though

Comment

yes they have

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                            Baseball Stars 2 is probably the best arcade sports game going. Unlimited fun that NEVER gets boring. Why oh why did I sell up before. ft:
                            cough Windjammers cough

Comment

where is the best place to get neo games nowadays

Comment

ebay
                                neo-geo.com/forums
                                arcadeshock.com
                                neostore.com

Comment

Working...
                                X