Best Ridge Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Ridge Racer

Come on,everyone must have their particular favourite...

The first one, sit down cabinet. Best circuit, best music (though I hate happy hardcore it just belongs here), best interface.

Comment

Ridge Racer revolution for me, but Rage Racer and RR7 are pretty cool

Didn't like RR5 that much really. never played type 4

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        The first one, sit down cabinet. Best circuit, best music (though I hate happy hardcore it just belongs here), best interface.
        Those exact words

Comment

I am not a fan of the older RR games, I just didn't get on with the overly loose handling.

I became a RR convert with the PSP game, and loved RR6 and RR7 also.

Comment

Have to give another vote to Ridge Racer Revolution.

Special mention must also go to the Rave Racer coin-op and of course, the PSP Ridge Racers games.

The funny thing is, I'm totally indifferent to RR6 & RR7 - they just don't grab me the way the previous Ridge games did.

Comment

RR Type 4. One of my first imports, cost me ?65 along with a ?60 Pocketstation on Japanese import back in the day. Played it to its absolute death. Although I still have it in mint condition, I would love to see a port (maybe even updated with better graphics and online play) on the PSN or XBLA.
              It also has, for me, probably my favourite gaming soundtrack ever. Ridge Racer(s) 2 on PSP was great because it was essentially a tribute to Type 4 in terms of the courses and music. Great stuff

On a related note, would love to see RR, RRR, Rage Racer and Type 4 on a PSP/PSN/XBLA compilation someday. Absolutely love the Ridge Racer series

Comment

I think RR1 is the 'purest', with the nicest course(s), but RR4 blew me away at the time, so lush and slick and phat it is.

I can only comment on the earlier games - up to RR5 - cos I haven't played the later ones, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  On a related note, would love to see RR, RRR, Rage Racer and Type 4 on a PSP/PSN/XBLA compilation someday. Absolutely love the Ridge Racer series
                  Great shout, although replace Rage Racer with an updated, refined version of Rave Racer and I'm there!

I've personally never understood the fuss with Rage Racer, but each to their own, eh?

Comment

Rage Racer for me, i just got on with the grimier environs a little more, loved the music also.

The only version i havent gotten on with is the DS, couldn't get comfy with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Great shout, although replace Rage Racer with an updated, refined version of Rave Racer and I'm there!

I've personally never understood the fuss with Rage Racer, but each to their own, eh?
                      Yeah, throw in Rave too, forgot about that one :P
                      Never played it. Is it any good?

As for Rage, I loved it. A lot 'moodier' than the bright, happy RR and RRR but the tuning elements won me over.

Comment

Ridge Racer Type 4-Best music, best intro, great tracks, brilliant graphics for it's time. The game had great soul if you know what I mean
                        Easily my most played racer ever.

Comment

Nothing comes close to the Ridge Racer MX5 cab.

Sitting in a MX5 and playing it on a HUGE screen is quite simply the best arcade experience I've ever had.

Now if only I had the money and the room for one....

Comment

Ridge Racer 2 arcade. It's my favourite arcade of all time. Rave Racer was also great!

Comment

I'd possibly pick Rave Racer. I of thought differently about it if it had a console release though. I loved the the stupid tracks in it!

I'm also a fan of R4 & R7! I was shocked that I enjoyed R7, I didn't get it at launch but got it cheap a few months later and for the first time in years in just seemed to click with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X