X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People I currently loathe:

1. Jessica Simpson

The most vacuous ****wit I've ever seen in human form.
    Snippet from the Metro interviewing her today:

Why did you choose The Dukes of Hazzard as your first film?
    (a ****ing joke question to start with)
    "First of all, I didn't have to carry it and I wanted to see how everything worked. (WHAT!) Daisy's a strong person and I just want to show that. Also, there's really not a lot of acting that Daisy does, just strutting her stuff really"

Now - I'm all for seeing chick in hotpants etc etc. But whenever I see her face, the misogynist in me comes out.

Comment

i've realised why i don't find simpson hugely attractive, it's her jaw, it be wide. that and she seems very dense.

Comment

Brahma Beer

Ive been drinking this beer Brahma lately and no one i know has heard of it or tasted it. So im wondering if anyone here has had it i belive it is imported from Brazil. Oh and its my new fav beer, great stuff.

Comment

You make me sick, I'm here drinking Tesco's own. It tastes like bread...

Thats gone off...

With a prostitute with Herpes.

Comment

Yeah, it's Brazilian. Must be perfect on a hot day out at the beach
            (But when I'm in Brazil I usually go for the king of all sodas, Antarctica Guarana)

Comment

Yeah I've had a couple, pretty nice cold

but then most beer is

Comment

o.0

enjoy

Comment

...weird,

just random clicking on objects until something tries to scare you with one final item at the end of each room... weird...

Comment

Tried a bit hard, like.

Comment

well it's gone 1am and i'm sat in a dark room.... i don't like that link one tiny bit

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
                        People I currently loathe:

1. Jessica Simpson

The most vacuous ****wit I've ever seen in human form.
                        Snippet from the Metro interviewing her today:

Why did you choose The Dukes of Hazzard as your first film?
                        (a ****ing joke question to start with)
                        "First of all, I didn't have to carry it and I wanted to see how everything worked. (WHAT!) Daisy's a strong person and I just want to show that. Also, there's really not a lot of acting that Daisy does, just strutting her stuff really"

Now - I'm all for seeing chick in hotpants etc etc. But whenever I see her face, the misogynist in me comes out.
                        She has that bland, vanilla quality which makes me dislike Britney just as much...

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                          Just returned from Japan. Now, the last thing I want is to sound like one of those fawning Japanophile types I've always detested, but I must say that returning here has made me realise just how negative this place is, partiuclarly right now.

I flew back to the UK on the 13th to blanket grey skies, long faces, people moaning and general attitude problems (the usual UK stuff, then). Of course, I already knew all this, but there's nothing like leaving a place for a while and coming back to it to make such things more apparent.

A brief overview of my findings/comparisons.

It's the little things mainly; in Japan, customer service and care does actually happen. People go out of their way to assist you, and nine times out of ten, service really does come with a smile. Here, customer service is just a spurious concept that has little bearing in reality. Here, you're serviced by sour-faced, surly, unhelpful individuals, or airheads who really don't seem to know anything about where they work (or indeed, how to add up).

As for women, well I'm not one of those who 'prefers' Asian women by any stretch (to me, a good looking woman is a good looking woman full stop), but over there, women generally seem to carry themselves with a bit more class. Over here, women just think they're classy because they try and dress like JLo or something, and for the most part, many -from personal experience- are shallow and self-centered, basing their behavioural sensibilities on soaps and RnB pop chic(!). They make unreasonable demands from men (who are judged purely on their material worth, it seems) and give nothing in return (we're the men, we're expected to do everything, even though they're "independent").

That being said, the problem I just outlined seems to be more of a UK thing specfically as again, in my experience ladies from say, Europe generally seem to be more refined and interesting than their coarse, vacuous UK counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the problems outlined don't happen in other countries, but the UK seems to have the worst of it (though I accept this is probably purely due to my relative standpoint).

I also liked how the city transformed at night, you'd get kids in subways and such busking and even putting on improptu live performances. You'd have street artists pedalling their wares, lots of places to eat and drink and not a pugnacious chav in sight (I'd almost forgetten what a chav was...). And there's no way you'd have vending machines on street corners in this country that wouldn't get looted or trashed.

What I didn't like was music shopping - ?25 for a CD is just obscene.
                          Still gutted I didnt join you Ady

Glad you enjoyed it mate

Comment

Result! Just about to nip out for a quick pint with Katy when I put some old jeans on that have just been washed and find ?20 in the pocket.

Comment

Quick question - if you restrict yourself to a liquid diet - ie. protein shakes, smoothies, soups etc - Would you ever poo?

Comment

I have protein shakes for breakfast and lunch,with a regular dinner,and my poo floats like a cloud,which apparently is the healthiest type.

Comment

Working...
                                X