No announcement yet.

Singstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never played the game. But thought I'd add as an aside that....
    karaoke is marked by a machine in Japanese Karaoke bars. As you sing along, it is rated out of 100 and then you get a final score at the end (and calorie count if you are lucky) too. That is how karaoke IS. In the land of its invention.

Comment

The bile's not caused by the game. It's caused by having to explain over and again when and how my points are being misrepresented.

But yeah, still energy better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Hi Mr. Soo Denim (please tell me that's not a reference to Sooty?) - your gifts are always much appreciated. But I stick by what I said - SingStar is loads of fun but it's makes people sing very strangely indeed and it doesn't have that "hey! it's the real world with scores! Let me kick that ninja, punch that ninja, slap that ninja" magic of EyeToy.

What was the Dreamcast game we played, then? Some mambo nonsense you had concealed in one of your Big Smoke orifices a while back. Castanets, was it? That's the one I meant.

How about Eye Toy Parappa the Rapper anyway? "Kick, punch, it's all in the mind... nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher now"
        Last edited by PaleDavid; 28-05-2004, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
          I can see yr professional, Camden-living, suit-wearing yuppie scum being attracted to the choice of music on an 'ironic' (eurgh) level
          I'm a professional, suit wearing yuppie scum. The last albums I bought were The Fall, The Streets and Syd Barrett. I own every Blondie album, not because I think it's 'ironic', but because I believe they crafted some of the finest pop/punk songs ever and Chris Stein is a songwriter on a par with Pete Shelley or David Byrne.

Maybe it's because I don't live in Camden .

Comment

Ah, but there's the important difference. Having an 'ironic' liking for certain music is the sign of a broken, joyless human being. Somebody who has no understanding of happiness, and is destined to die alone, in agony and probably listening to Travis. Somebody who enjoys a song purely based on its own merits and without worrying about what anybody else thinks? That person will die peacefully on a bed of feathers and pillow of flowers, Songs in the Key of Life-era Stevie Wonder crooning them away on their journey, surrounded by friends and family, to be met at the pearly gates by the Little Baby Jesus himself.
            Last edited by E. Randy Dupre; 28-05-2004, 00:55.

Comment

Or even Big Baby Jesus, AKA ODB.

Comment

E. Randy, I'm only playing wiv jah. Any person who mentions Songs in the Key of Life in a reply is alright in my book .

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
                  That person will die peacefully on a bed of feathers and pillow of flowers, Songs in the Key of Life-era Stevie Wonder crooning them away on their journey, surrounded by friends and family, to be met at the pearly gates by the Little Baby Jesus himself.
                  Or maybe something by Beyonce, Timberlake or Outkast as per your preferences earlier on in this post???

Comment

I bought this because it was cheap and I actually found it quite fun. Having read all the arguments above it would seem that embarrasment is mostly caused if you can't sing very well, or you don't like the sound of your voice. I thought the selection of songs was actually pretty good.

Simon Cowell would certainly have a few things to say about my performance, but the game doesn't criticise you, in fact I think it complements you, particularly on the easy settings.

It's definitely a game for those nights when you and the rest of your mates have had a few beers though. Unless you really can sing.

Comment

it took me a while to find the courage to play Dance Dance Revolution when I first saw it in arcades, and it was the same for this, but 1 game of DDR an I wanted more, 1 game was more than enough for this. It's jus horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                        Having read all the arguments above it would seem that embarrasment is mostly caused if you can't sing very well, or you don't like the sound of your voice. I thought the selection of songs was actually pretty good..
                        btw, I got super star rating on my 1 attempt, I jus really found the whole thing odd and embarrasing :P

Comment

Played the party edition of this whilst round my mates and drunk this weekend. First time I'd even seen the game let alone played it. The mics are pretty damn impressive I felt!

Overall I think it is a great drunkern party game. And I came away with the top score (on easy) for Tiffany I think we're alone now! Good lord!

Comment

And just a few weeks until Popworld is released. Can't wait myself, even if the songs aren't as good from the outset, something new to sing won't go amiss.

Comment

'Spesh as I will now be able to sing Mazza Manson.

LET TEH DARKNESS REIGN!!!111

Comment

Well, I was vaguely tempted when I saw Paid In Full on the list, but no. Nothing darkens my door with that ****ing awful wussy version of Personal Jesus on it. Whatever posessed Manson to think he could come close to a decent version? Don't get me started on his bland-as-**** cover of Sweet Dreams, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X