No announcement yet.

Full Spectrum Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course the single player isn't even close to co-op and Live support!

Comment

Caned this game on Seargant single player setting, have just restarted co-op Live on Sgt Major. Absolutely brilliant level of challenge and great fun in co-op. Just traded a fantastic replay of a mate getting all four of his men taken painfully out by an RPG. Superbly executed game, one of the best I've played for ages. Roll on FSW 2. Hoo-Haa!

Comment

I've been drawn into this since buying it last week.

When I heard the game was not a fps I became a little concerned about it as I've never been intrested in the conflict desert storm games because they've never been tatical enough for me. I should have never been so concerned.

Full spectrum warrior is atmoshperic, tense and brilliant. The stratgey of it is great and it's refreshing for a game to challange you with the difficulty. Apart from Halo's legendary battles, no other game can be quite so tense in more difficult tight spots.

The only concern is the aparant sense that there seem to be "trip wires" for enemy's to move or appear and that the enemy stay in the same location on each new arrivial to the level.

But apart from that little longativity gripe, it's fantastic.

Comment

I?m surprised by the nay-sayers. Full Spectrum Warrior is my game of the year so far!

The look, atmosphere, and style of the game are spot-on. The destructible scenery is very impressive.

There are plenty of ?Oh crap, what do I do now?? moments. Times when your men are pinned down, their cover is wearing away, they?re running out of ammo, and they keep saying ?What we do now, Sarge??... ?Are we just gonna sit here and take this??

All I do is panic like Gorman in Aliens! 8)

It?s very satisfying when you manage to clear a whole area. Sneaking behind a pesky Arab and blowing him away is very rewarding.

Every time you take a risk, like running across an occupied street, it?s a heart stopping moment.

Like Prince of Persia, once you?ve done the first couple of levels, you?ve seen everything there is in the game, but the core gameplay is so much fun that you don?t mind it looping over and over.

This game has really grabbed me. It?s one of the few single-player games that I?ve actually cleared time for this year.

The co-op is mode is cool, but only if you play it with a good friend. I?ve never had to work together with someone so much.

Yes, it has got a few faults, but I'd still give it 9/10 at present.

Comment

Hoo-Haa! this game is excellent, just done the second mission and I'm loving it! Hoo-Haa!

Comment

The american army version is waaaaay better, imho. The FSW mode of things is very, very easy... little skill is involved in actually playing 'cos of the simplicity of the "rules" that define the game. The way things react is very predictable overall, very easy to see what's going to happen.

I didn't like it to begin with, liked it for a while and now I've rinsed it, don't really think that much of it (again) There doesn't seem to be any change in the difficulty level either, beyond lack of save points.

Comment

How do you get the US Army code to work?I have got it of Gamefaqs but cant seem to get it to work,or am i just stupid?

Answers on a post card....

Ps playing on the higher difficulty settings do you get more zeeks on the maps as I feel the townships are a bit empty at the moment.

Comment

It's exactly how it's spelt on gamefaqs:

ha2p1py9tur5tle

As for more 'zekes' when you change difficulty, yep there are a few more. Not an overwelming number (a la BlackHawk Down) but i noticed some new guys popping into view that weren't there before. Mainly the odd one or 2 extra tango's.

Comment

Working...
                  X