No announcement yet.

Chronicles of Riddick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vin Diesel has his own development team, Tigon Studios. I read somewhere that he likes the Dynasty Warriors series.

Comment

Just got it today and im in agreement with whats beens said. Superb it really is. Im normally quite up to date on games news but this one hit me completely by surprise as i hadnt heard much about it before E3. Its a nice surprise tbh.

Comment

It's that same studio who is said to have been responsible for the voice work, cut-scene, scripting, scene and art direction in this very game.

Comment

Didn't Starbreeze do the hack work, too? Which amazes me - all this praise - since Enclave was horrendous, and five minutes with Knights Of The Temple didn't make me feel it was about to go anywhere different.

Perhaps Tigon have a knack for making people knuckle under... Starbreeze certainly seemed to have some talent - there was some very nice texture work in Enclave - they just didn't seem to know quite what to do with their abilities.

Still, haven't played Riddick, have no XBox, can't offer my own opinion on whether I think it really has been third time lucky for them (SB) .

Comment

I think im right in thinking starbreeze who did enclave were originaly from the demo scene... can't remeber for the life of me what demo's they coded though...

Comment

Originally posted by A Munkeys Uncle
              A ton of loading times.
              First thing I did was copy it to the hard drive. I learned my lesson after DX:IW, loading times are really quick for me.

Just did the intro bit, pretty cool so far, had me well fooled
              The kickback from the shotgun is mad, and I'm more than impressed with the voiceovers so far, I'll put some proper time into this later on tonight.

Comment

What stuff does it have on Xbox Live? I could buy it or borrow it see...

Comment

Its just Live aware. No multi offline or online. Honestly though the game works really well as an atmospheric One player. That said im getting sick of vents atm .

Comment

Heh great stuff. Well ill have to buy it anyway to get it over here.

Meh.

Comment

Finished it this evening - fantastic game.

One qualm:

Possibly the easiest end of game boss(es) ever?

Comment

I'll be getting this this weekend, and will start it up as soon as I finish FSW, which shouldn't be much longer. Cannot wait.

Comment

Got mine today, and been playing it it a little... Its bloody good. The quality of the textures and lighting is by far the best on the XB at the moment imo...I love the part when your escaping from the prison and have to turn the valve off, then there's them 2 guards that come out of the fog gun's blazing.. Bloody brilliant lighting with all the bullets flying around.. you really get a sence of atmos...

Well dune that Demo Crew....

Comment

Got mine today too, and only managed to have a quick go ( between that and FSW )

The graphics are a little dodgy in places and I found some parts to vary quite heavily in the quality ( some scenes, particularly the outdoor lit ones like the prison yard, look very bitty and with a distinct lack of AA in places ). Some however are great, like when Riddick first encounters Rust in his cell.

Turning the brightness right down in the options seemed to take some of the rough edging off and made the whole thing a bit seedier, which suits the style of the game I guess.

Perhaps I've just been spoilt by playing the majority of FPS on my relatively high powered PC.

However I will say that its a technological achievement to have a console game looking like Riddick and `graphics do not a gameth make`. Its got a gritty atmosphere to it ( with lashings of bad language to boot ) and I'm looking forward to put a bit on time in with this one.

I wondered also about using a high definition pak ? Would it make the game look any better ?

Comment

I'm on Double Security section now, the game presents itself in nice little chunks so it's always tempting to keep playing. I'm finding it pretty easy, just line up the headshots and blast away!

The invincible mech thing you meet early on was hilarious.. "Come out...Mutha****a"

The AI is messy Deus Ex style though, I had half the crew suddenly against me and the other half knew nothing about my forced rampage.

It looks a lot like Judge Dredd, except with lots of nice lighting.

Have to try those right/left one-twos when I start the arena fights, my hand-to-hand fighting is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                                I wondered also about using a high definition pak ? Would it make the game look any better ?
                                sure, if you've got a HDTV, a big enough PC monitor, a progressive compatible TV or a projector!?

games like riddick make me think of upgrading my setup to HD standard, too. wether i will purchase a projector or a new Flat TV remains to be decided.

can anyone tell what exactly the high definiton pack looks like (parts it consists of) and how good it actually works?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X