No announcement yet.

Phantasy Star Online III: C.A.R.D. Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what your saying commander and i mostly agree with you that people won`t buy it just cause it`s got new weapons and a couple of new maps. But there is quite alot that still will and it will be interesting to see how well blue burst does as it`s essentially just that, 1 new map, some new weapons and some graphical improvements (by the screen shots i`ve seen it looks exactly the same). There is still a big demand for this game out there but pso3 c.a.r.d revolution aint the answer. For pso universe to suceed they have to look at a few things. First to create a new graphics engine and give the game a new look cause graphically it`s becoming dated now. bring it to a viable platform with a big userbase. Gamecube unfortunately lacks this as you mentioned earlier cause of the lack of modems available. PC would be a good choice but there are quite a few peeps who won`t have the spec to run it. PS2 or xbox would be my preferable choice. But even better though is have multiple platforms pc/gamecube/ps2 (xbox live is a closed server so this is a no) playing with each other, which i recall yuji naka in an old edge interview saying it`s possible but the main problems would come from the graphical side. Next look at upping the amount of player you can have in each room, perhaps 8/10 players a room and look at creating some better challenging puzzles that involve thinking and team work (unlike pso which basically consisted of stand on switch and open door). As for game mechanics i enjoyed pso but it can`t go much furthur as you say. The route i would like to see the series go is perhaps like star wars kotor which is a mixture between turn based and real time and would work quite well imo. Well that pretty much sums up where i like to see pso go, we`ll just have to wait and see what sonic team have in mind for pso universe
    Last edited by Hodge; 14-06-2004, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
      Phantasy Star Online now has the WORST (bar none) online community for any online game EVER.

Those first DC Ver1 dial up days were beautiful.. *sniff*
      This is coming from a guy who's never really been seriously involved in any online game for more than a few weeks.

You've dismissed pretty much all PC online titles too... Almost everyone knows that CounterStrike has the worst online community ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
        BlueBurst saves all the player and item data on the server to avoid people hacking the data "offline" and then using it online. People have reported problems with the trials but thats what a trial is for, i suspect these will be ironed out.
        Shame the only protection Sonic Team offer from hackers on Blue Burst is when the game is patched, the memory addresses also change. If you are involved with the beta of this above the player level, for the love of God do something about the complete wankers that are ripping the game apart before its even finished, server side saves or not.

The main cheating chumps have been banned, but they can just sign up again. Banning cheating IPs just makes them use proxies. Sonic Team should permanently ban harddrive/motherboard serial numbers or something.

I'll gladly pay, hard, regular cash to play PSO with NO ****tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
          This is coming from a guy who's never really been seriously involved in any online game for more than a few weeks.

You've dismissed pretty much all PC online titles too... Almost everyone knows that CounterStrike has the worst online community ever.
          But try playing PSO with strangers now - it is impossible to imagine it being much worse.

Comment

Agreed Hodge, sounds aces

Pfft Ed, you suck at most stuff anyway (well, all the games I've played you at online)... maybe a good idea you don't come online more often

Comment

That's why Ed thinks Live is "turd" Because there's a million people better than him!

Comment

I've passed that URL on.

all pc applications a prone to attacks/hacks on a memory level, the only way to really stop it is to add checks into the server, so if the characters inventory sudden changes it responds by reporting that player.

FPS for example, the server will check the speed at which each character is moving - and if they ever move faster than the maximum possibly speed the '"speed hack detection" kicks in and boots them off.

So hopefully sonic team are working on some sort of server side cheat detection, after all - that hunters licence money goes somewhere.

Originally posted by edandersen
                Shame the only protection Sonic Team offer from hackers on Blue Burst is when the game is patched, the memory addresses also change. If you are involved with the beta of this above the player level, for the love of God do something about the complete wankers that are ripping the game apart before its even finished, server side saves or not.

The main cheating chumps have been banned, but they can just sign up again. Banning cheating IPs just makes them use proxies. Sonic Team should permanently ban harddrive/motherboard serial numbers or something.

I'll gladly pay, hard, regular cash to play PSO with NO ****tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                  That's why Ed thinks Live is "turd" Because there's a million people better than him!
                  I think Live is class!

Comment

That's not what you usually say!

Comment

Anyone fancy some one on one or team battles then?

Comment

AngelofLight is the character my missus has been using, she maybe on during the day. She's likely to give you a go, she's just getting into it though >_< I'll be on LoC

Comment

In the day is no good, gotta go to work see

Comment

Working...
                          X