No announcement yet.

ESPgaluda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean for Hyper? I noticed that when I did the sweep motion I got no Hyper, but I was using shot and A craft, whereas when I got Hyper I was using green laser B craft and not sweeping at all.

Comment

nope its nothing to do with Hyper, when you shoot an enemy it fills the bar up the top left a certain amount depending on what you killed was worth. E.g a small 1 shot ship might fill the bar 1/4th and one where you focus your attack on might be worth 3/4th's of a bar.

You have to kill another enemy before that bar disappears, hence linking the kills together, Eg right at the beginning of the first stage theres tanks moving from right to left.

Let them come across slowly killing them allowing more to come onto the screen. you can then link the ships that come down the left hand side, then theres a couple more tanks on the right hand side, then concentrate your beam onto the ship that requires more hits. you then have more ships appear from the top on the right (near the first hyper pickup)

if you link all those together you will have about a 30-50 linkup, including the boss you can get about 600 on the first level.

*note what i said above is only rough, as im at work, and have to rush.

Comment

This is a points scoring thing you mean then? As in, a tactic to get a higher score?

Comment

yea, linking it the whole scoring system in the donpachi series, a bit like the white/black idea in Ikaruga.

Without linking you will never get a good score.

Comment

Right, so what method are you using to bump up the hyper meter then, if not the alternative to the left-right sweep?

btw - I'd rather not turn this thread into one about a different game, even tho' it's the same marvellous Cave and Arika responsible for both.

Comment

You dont get a Hyper from killing, its generated from a pickup, the pickup is invisable until you are near it and kill an enemy then it will appear. Pick 3 up (i think its 3) and then you get hyper.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
                Why is no one playing this lovely game? I've only had it a couple of days, but think it is great. I know Gradius V is out now, but I much prefer the vertical shooter genre to the horizontal.

I managed a score of 4,700,00 odd, getting to the Level 3 boss last night.
                As you know, I'm playing this lovely on and off.

Best score so far is 18,681,930 on normal with Ageha. Get to stage 5-1 boss on one credit.

W00t ^_^

Comment

Very good score!

I've yet to better 11.5mil, but I've got know where near the scoring potential for the first couple of levels and I can see a lot of room for improvement. I haven't even watched the DVD yet. I bet that is a gold mine of scoring suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by horribleman
                    As you know, I'm playing this lovely on and off.

Best score so far is 18,681,930 on normal with Ageha. Get to stage 5-1 boss on one credit.

W00t ^_^

post your score up here guy

mines on there (Trevor spencer) i tryed for a long time to get that score but there are some really good players on that score board

Comment

Originally posted by ^^ score board
                      1. MrMonkeyMan - 47,144,560 - Ageha - ALL (PS2)
                      2. cigsthecat - 40,592,180 - Ageha - ALL (PS2)
                      3. ChrisM-UK - 38,446,380 - Ageha - ALL (PS2)

Comment

The DVD is a very good pointer for the later levels, thats what i like about the game there are so many opportunities to score well rather than one set way of doing it i have watched the first two levels on the dvd and my score has improved not by copying the player on there (as this would be pointless) but its showing me what can be done and then allowing me to get my own style going on.
                        Trevor that shmups crowd are a scary lot not one of my scores is even close to that currrently around 15mil.
                        This and Gradius are 2 very different slices of a nice shmup pie long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                          Trevor that shmups crowd are a scary lot not one of my scores is even close to that currrently around 15mil.

15mil aint to bad,get your score up on that board

Comment

Working...
                          X