HD Loader (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrouchingTiger
    Rather strange i seen so many people mention about their downloaded version of hd advance and hd loader and their posts are okay to stay
    If you note 2 posts about yours, Neil asks people not to post any more about the downloading of copyrighted software. We could go back through and delete people's previous references, but surely Neil's request should have been enough to prevent it happening in future. Seemingly not. Just because people already did post, doesn't mean to say it's ok for everyone else.

Please direct me to which Burnout thread has similar piracy references in it so I can make similar comments there.

If anyone else sees any piracy references, please contact a moderator or report the post via the forum controls.

Many thanks
    Charlesr
    Last edited by charlesr; 13-09-2004, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine
      It's good to see there are some workarounds for a few of the problems with HDloader.
      Workarounds? Such as?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
        Please direct me to which Burnout thread has similar piracy references in it so I can make similar comments there.

If anyone else sees any piracy references, please contact a moderator or report the post via the forum controls.

Many thanks
        Charlesr
        The Burnout 3 thread in this forum

04/09 08:36 Neil - first reference to Warez
        04/09 09:58 DESRUCTOR - Yarr
        06/09 09:44 YOUWIN - Blatent warez post
        09/09 09:21 YOUWIN - Yarr
        09/09 09:31 Raeven - Yarr
        10/09 02:59 Sarkster - Yarr

Comment

From the rules:
          - Do not actively seek sources for Roms, Isos, or Emulators via other members of the forum or Ntsc-Uk itself, we will neither accept nor tolerate any attempts to ask for or provide information which results in the theft of someone else's intellectual property, and such actions will result in an immediate ban.

I've looked at all of the posts you've mentioned above, and none violate the rules. No one is asking how to burn an ISO of the game, no one is providing links to warez, no one is giving information about how to obtain warez. All they've done, stupidly maybe, is admit they've played a warez copy, something I'd prefer people didn't do.

The posts that were edited or removed in the HDLoader thread did break the above rule. If the BO3 stuff had of done the same, likewise they would have been edited.

Comment

You can get dual layer DVD games like Xenosaga working now. Also even when I hooked up my HD to my PC and installed games from there, a few CD games like Contra and Gradius 3& 4 wouldn't play.

PM me if you want detailed instructions.
            Last edited by mezzanine; 14-09-2004, 10:29.

Comment

By the way I've now tested a JAP version of Katamari Damacy on my unmodded PAL PS2 with HDLoader and it works, hooray!

Not sure if this means all non-PAL games will work though, I'll have to wait and try another some time later, maybe a US game next...

Comment

How did that happen?

Also if I buy HD advance from UK can I use it on my NTSC-J PS2 or do I need to import the JAp version??
                Last edited by Robster; 08-10-2004, 15:44.

Comment

I've heard that I can get my HDLoader to boot up from the Memory card.

Anyone tell me how?

Comment

I believe there's a specific kinda modchip which can run programs off the memory card, or if you're modless and have a little time to spare....

Not tried it myself, but I know a couple of people who've got it going after a few attempts. Good luck!

Comment

Ah cheers.

Bit too techy for me.

Comment

I have an unmodded NTSC-U PS2 + 40GB HDD + HD Loader.

What I can't do now is install Jpn games to the HDD. Is there a version of HD Loader which allows for all region installations? Or any other way around it (bar taking the HDD out and plugging it into a Jpn system)?

Comment

Plug your HD into a PC and install the Jap games that way

Comment

Sounds a bit complicated for my technical abilities that Intersting workaround though.

Comment

It's easy, open case and connect it via the IDE cable(and set jumper to slave if you need to) Then you run a program that detects it and copies the game across.

Comment

Easier still get an IDE/USB adaptor. That way you don't have to open the computer up, just connect the hard drive to a USB port. Much less hassle that way. This is how i do it.

Then you just need a program to put the games on there. I use WinHIIP which is dead easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X