No announcement yet.

Driver 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not the best thread to advertise on, lol...

Comment

Sorry, but anyone who'd see this game in a positive light needs a ****ing smack. And all their consoles taken away from them.

Comment

Its pretty awfull (im playing the xbox version). Shame really since theres the slightests hints here and there that the game could have been very decent but reflections didnt deserve any more time than they had already been given. Found a couple of Driver 2 esque glitches as well which is pleasing in a perverse way .
        Graphically its an acheivement in some respects, the citys are huge (load quickly too) though are annoyingly filled with dead spaces. The cars boast some nice reflections but the framerate drops are sudden and severe with sometimes no real reason. The old and probably outdated physics model remains, enjoyable in a a few respects but amazingly annoying in most others. Enjoyable to piss about in but not during a mission. Cars and people pop into existence quite closely to you as well. The city(s) itself can look quite nice on foot but when your in a car detailed textures are magically popping onto buildings nearly all the time.
        What the hell is wrong with the jumping? Press jump and tanner stops for a millisecond then jumps about 10cm in the air, weird. As has been said theres no blood which is somewhat daft. Tanner also seems to have issues with stairs. Alas i havent been able to sit on a park bench like you could in driver 2, that said youd always sit on the invisible bench some feet away in driver 2 but still On foot really is diablocial though and how reflections thought it to be sufficient is beyond me. I cant emphasise how poor it really is.You can swim but its nothing to write home about. Actually shooting people can be a pain in the arse too with the rather stupid controls reflections saw fit to give us.
        Overall its a complete misfire by reflections. Driver 3 really should have been one of 'the' games of this generation but barely even scrapes into average territory.

Comment

I just rented the game and can not seem to find out what I need to do at the hotel ( about the 3rd mission ). Up till now I have been very fustrated with this game--the new Rise of the Robots might just have arrived. Still, I'll give it a few more missions...that is if someone can help me out.

Comment

Everyone who likes it - you all work for Atari and I claim my ?5.

Comment

The more i play it the more awfull it becomes. Still il battle through it for the time being to get my moneys worth.
              What were Reflections thinking when they did the on foot sections? All those journos who gave it high marks in return for atari favours deserve a slapping. Idiots like them deserve no place in the gaming industry, if they loved games so much they wouldnt abandon their integrity so easily .

Comment

Originally posted by Thisco
                I just rented the game and can not seem to find out what I need to do at the hotel ( about the 3rd mission ). Up till now I have been very fustrated with this game--the new Rise of the Robots might just have arrived. Still, I'll give it a few more missions...that is if someone can help me out.
                Il spoiler it just in case
                Just go to the top of the building and carry on from there. The rest just appears to be dead space, of which Driver 3 is full of.

This levels gives you a taster for the extremely bad boat level. The AI is laughably bad, position yourself just out from a door and they will stop shooting you for some reason and you can shoot them easily. Why on gods green earth cant you aim all the way downwards, theres people shooting at me from there.

Comment

Well i`ve got onto nice, france now done a couple of missions which haven`t been to bad but the more you play it the more the fault shows. It has now crashed on me twice, some aweful slow down, **** collision detection, texture glitching and the handling really hasn`t improved with the better cars. After trying to see the positive side to it, i`m gonna have to concide and say the game is unfinished. Shame really cause with abit more time i`m sure they could of tidyed it up and wouldn`t of been abad game.

Comment

It's quite funny no matter how much I hear this game get trashed on the forums, my interest is piqued to play it. That along with the huge instore presence in all gameshops. Btw, I noticed that Game were showing vid footage of the game on their pods and no actual chance to play the game.

Funny how it seems a few developers who were undeniably kings of the PSone have struggled to bring their franchises over to PS2. Angel Of Darkness & Driver esp. You would have thought given the huge amount of time and investment spent and riding on these franchises that the fundamentals of gameplay would have been sorted out instead of relying on huge marketing spents to dupe the public.I can't believe no-one have the balls to hold their hand up and say 'It's not right, it needs to be fixed'...

Comment

I really wish Atari wouldnt have blocked ntsc-uk's Reflections interview. It would have made for some interesting reading. It might possibly be the worst game of this generation using the hypeXgamequality formula i just made up in my head.

Comment

I'm glad to say this game is no longer in my possession and will never come within 10ft of my house again

The only good thing to come from buying it is that I have new-found levels of respect for every other game in my collection

Comment

Heh you sold it that quick. Jees louise.

Comment

Bought it Saturday morning, enjoyed it Saturday afternoon (inbetween surfing the internet and playing Winning Eleven 6) and then I just got bored of it. By Sunday morning I hated it...constant glitches, flaws, and illogical bits of gameplay just sucked all the fun out of it. (ie not being able to jump backwards...or climb out of a swimming pool )

So I went into town today and traded it in at Gamestation. I know I've lost a lot of money (about ?15) from doing this but there was nothing else I could have done (apart from keep hold of it and watch it depreciate in value )

btw does anyone else think Tanner looks like a ballerina when he jumps forward? I swear that's got to be the worst animation I've ever seen..

Comment

I would say him swimming is the worst piece of animation i have ever seen. Also the lack freedom in tackling the levels is very annoying when compared to gta. On one of the missions i`m on foot and become fed up of trying to aim so i decide to get in a car and mow them down, but all of a sudden the cars become locked and blows that angle out the window. Theres just no consistancy to the gameplay mechanics, they just chop and change them as they see fit to fit into indivdual levels. Very annoying.

Comment

Just a final thought on the ai .
                                Its arse, your enemies tend to be well versed in the art of spawning somewhere you cant see then repeatedly shooting you. Thing is tanner has no lock on button , at all, ever and your aiming is over sensitive. Now hear comes the twist, the only thing the ai is decent at is aiming. So your getting shot to **** whilst your crosshair repeatedly floats past your enemies.
                                what really takes the biscuit however is that the ai has a problem with doors and stairs. For example if some enemies are in the next room alls you need to do is stand next to the door with half your body showing. You can see your enemies as clear as day and so they should be able to see you but......you guessed it they dont. Theres nothing in between you and your enemy apart from digital air, no cover, no wall no nothing. Theyre looking at you, scratching their head taken with some sort of collective amnesia. they just stand there motionless as you shoot them in the face. Same goes for stairs, faced with 4 enemies on the top of the landing alls you need to do is stop with just your top half showing. One even ran straight at me then stopped within feet of me as i edged back 1 foot. They should have seen me easily. I just popped em off where i stood. Its obvious reflections knew there enemy ai was shat so decided to give them overly good aim to compensate. 99% of the time your enemys will not move and will just shoot you where you stand. Forget being able to roll sideways or, heaven help you, jump out the way. NO the only evasive move you have is roll forward YES, ROLL F***ING FORWARD . Dont whatever you do jump since tanner takes it as permission to stop shotting then jump merrily vertically for all of 30 cm.

Im so going to complete this game, its my mission from god himself and im then going to mail the f***er back to reflections and ask for a written apology.

Comment

Working...
                                X