X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balou
    Can anyone comment on the Ps2 version?
    Is it 60hz? How?s the framerate?
    Does it support 900 degree mode for the DFP wheel?
    (I know you don?t need 900? for an Indy Car vehicle, but it allows for smoother steering nonetheless)
    The PAL PS2 version is 50hz BUT it is fully optimised and running at full screen and at a solid 30fps.

Not sure about the 900 degree mode, but I doubt it unfortunately. It does however support full force feedback.

I would recommend the Xbox version over the PS2 version due to the better frame rate, higher resolution, 480p support and Xbox live features but the PS2 version plays just the same ultimately.

Comment

Nazareth and Texas are probably the exceptions to my statement

My stats as of last night
      Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:29.

Comment

Some decent best speeds....but not a patch on mine :P (although you do have a better best speed on Kentucky)

Miami-------------207.84
        Phoenix-----------189.46
        California----------233.96
        Nazareth----------178.24
        Indianapolis-------237.52
        Texas-------------230.99
        Pikes Peak--------182.81
        Richmond ---------173.58
        Kansas------------232.17
        Nashville-----------215.4
        Michigan-----------232.54
        Kentucky----------228.04
        Gateway----------182.00
        Chicago-----------228.83
        Motegi------------206.85

I'll have to see whether I can repeat these times at home and get them up on the Live scoreboards.

Comment

Some (I mean all) very quick times, if you can repeat them consistently on Live you'll be in top the 10 for all tracks for sure.

Did you work out your own set ups or use someone elses ? ......

David

PS. Spent 40 mins on Miami last night and managed to drop my ranking from 69th to 104th I really dislike that track, get the last bend spot on and you can take it flat out but if your slightly off line you have to let off
          Last edited by VR46; 15-07-2004, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
            Did you work out your own set ups or use someone elses ? ......
            All my own, but I did recieve advice to start with from some helpful people And I did spend months tweaking, so I do have unfair advantage :P

Comment

Just whooped Pikes Peak, Best Speed 192.19 put me 13th overall

I've got all tracks except Nazareth and Texas fairly well nailed (average ranking now under 50th), any setup tips for those two ? I'm ranked about 90th at each seems like I'm missing something obvious .....
              Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:29.

Comment

Rushy (and anyone else interested) I'm going to set up a "fastest lap" table in the Indy Car 2005 thread in the Online Challenges Forum but later.
                Your @ss will soon be mine, mastered Nazareth now, just Texas to go .....

Comment

Nazareth requires a very 'stiff' setup along with some some very 'tight' gear ratios to get a good time. I'm sure thats enough help to get you going

Comment

got to 34th overall on Nazareth now, but thanks for tip, just need to fine tune all tracks really, slowing climbing up the rankings, only on about 4 tracks I'm outside top 50

PS. Done the best speeds table now,

Comment

Working...
                    X