No announcement yet.

Spiderman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the impressions guys. I definitely didn't have high hopes for this one that's for sure. Sounds like it's gone back to the good old days of the PSone Spiderman games 'cos let's face it, Spiderman 1 on the Xbox wasn't very good. I can't wait to get this once I've watched the film.

Does anyone know if there is much difference between the Xbox & PS2 versions?

Comment

Originally posted by KempStar
      Im stunned. If I could have picked any game that I would predict with 100% certainty to be rubbish, it would have been this. Based on what everyones said, im going to order this. Is it developed by the same company that did Spiderman 1 on the xbox? surely not?
      hmmmmm........ Spiderman on the PS1 was developed by Neversoft and was a damn fine game, I think Spiderman 2 on Xbox and PS2 was developed by Treyarch. This is the third Spiderman game, but is called Spiderman 2 to coincide with the film....

....I think that's right :S

Comment

Blimey :| Never saw this game coming Can someone tell me if it has major spoilers to the movie, I am aware the ending to the game gives the film away, but how bad is the rest. I want this now BTW, is anywhere selling the PAL verison?

Waz

Comment

Originally posted by Janski
          hmmmmm........ Spiderman on the PS1 was developed by Neversoft and was a damn fine game, I think Spiderman 2 on Xbox and PS2 was developed by Treyarch. This is the third Spiderman game, but is called Spiderman 2 to coincide with the film....

....I think that's right :S
          there were 2 spiderman games on the Ps1.

Anyway, I've really been looking forward to this game, loved this last one to bits, despite the fact it was partly rubbish. Being spiderman is just damn fun.
          I've played the PC version of the new one, but they seem to of bastardized the control scheme and you have to fire web onto little floating targets.

I'm guessing the PC one has been ported by a different company?

please say the console one isnt liek this

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
            there were 2 spiderman games on the Ps1.

Anyway, I've really been looking forward to this game, loved this last one to bits, despite the fact it was partly rubbish. Being spiderman is just damn fun.
            I've played the PC version of the new one, but they seem to of bastardized the control scheme and you have to fire web onto little floating targets.

I'm guessing the PC one has been ported by a different company?

please say the console one isnt liek this
            yeah I think the console and PC versions are totally different.

Comment

Webslinging is a little different from the first game but it does work very well.

Before it felt like you could fire web anywhere and always swing, where with this one if there isnt a high building or suitable place to shoot web you can't.

It is very fluid aspect of the game which is easy to get the hang of - I especially like the fact if you are swinging and the building you fired web to is on the left your swing will take a kind of leftward arc, if uncorrected you would hit the building so you would fire again to the right and change the direction. Make sense? You'll see when you get it.

Webbing is all on the one button so very easy to master, you never have to manually aim either it's all done for you.

I think this sequel is so much better than the original (which to be fair I didn't think that bad) every aspect has so much more polish to it.

Dare I say a movie tie in that is actually pretty damn good!

Comment

How does the system link work for the X-Box version work? It is listed on the box. Can you play with a freind or is it just scores?

Comment

The system link option isnt ticked on the back of the box, my box at least.
                  Nice to see (hear) Bruce Campbell again, the guys a legend. As has been said the webslinging is fun and theres a bit of depth to it. Shame the same cant be said for the combat which so far ive found to be crushingly simple.

Comment

the system link was ticked on the in store dummy boxes for some reason, but not on the actual game.

awww, it would of been fun to have spidey battles in the city.

Comment

Does anyone know which version is the best? I'm guessing it will be the xbox or gamecube one(unless it was coded for the ps2 and then ported to the other two) but i'm really not sure which one to go for, any help?

Comment

ign.com have done a little feature on the differences of all Spiderman 2's check it out HERE.

Comment

Thanks but I don't actually have an ign account and being a uni student can't really afford it! Thanks for the link though! I'm really just after which one it controls best with and if there are any issues with any of the versions such a slow-down or extra long loading times etc

Comment

geektanic you need to be a member to read all that. My membership seems to have expired so fancy quoting the main bits?

Comment

Well, has anybody else got their copy? Got mine today and must say I was initially dissapointed, but I have been impressed in stages and it does get better. The tasks required for building "hero points" are the same all the time though, which is what seemed to put me off as it was a tad repetative, the story seems to keep the game togethar with some vaired missons and tasks. So far no major movie spoilers, everything seems in game so far. However, there are some references to the movie, but nothing that I would class as a major spoiler. The web slinging is ace though!

Waz

Comment

From what i have read the ps2 suffers from a little slowdown at times, and longer loadings times. dunno about the gamecube, I've got the feeling it might look a little less jaggy on the cube, its even quite jaggy on the xbox IMO

I've found the game to get more fun when you start getting the higher swing upgrades, i've jus got the Lvl 6 one and can actually getting across the city fairly quickly. tis a hoot.

I don't think the movie will be spoiled to much as the spiderman movies seem to be fairly close to the plot of the various comics/cartooons etc so there is nothing new to know really. Plus you ahev all the extra stuff that you don't know if it'll be in the film ,so its still keeping me guessing
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-07-2004, 22:24. Reason: addtional info

Comment

Working...
                                X