X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine came today from PA...

Comment

I'm still waiting for my personal copy, too

Snowball: as I said earlier in the thread, 18 hours I think. I thought you were playing it on an Easy setting?

Comment

Still waiting for my copy too. Same thing happened with Psyvariar 2.

Comment

Mine's still not here - this happened to me with Psyvariar 2 as well; took 2 weeks to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
            I'm still waiting for my personal copy, too

Snowball: as I said earlier in the thread, 18 hours I think. I thought you were playing it on an Easy setting?
            And you right man, I'm playing it at VERY EASY and I'm not able to beat it!!!

What a ****ty player i'm!!!

Anyway, the things i hate is that my best performance is to come to the spider boss with the first life (and loosing one during the fight).
            If I play a new game and I loose a life before, or for a stupid reason early in the game, i give up!

Oh, i take this opportunity and talk about the spider boss.
            When i start moving i go at the bottom of him (my english sucks) than I wait utill he destroys the first building, then i attack him.
            I shoot me the superpower laser but i protect myself behind the building.
            This way work untill i have buildings around.
            What happens when there are not buildings and he attacks me with the that rotating fire??
            How can i protect myself? :O
            Snowball

Comment

Snowball -

Do not concentrate on attack when there are buildings "blocks" on screen. Learn the layout of the blocks and avoid attack. When you have passed the block section attack by shooting upwards, then avoid the spider by attacking from the side and then from the top.

The boss will not fire that big rotating laser in this section - use the time when the screen is empty of blocks to make the kill.

You should learn the game in sections before you try and put it all together. Remove Very Easy mode and play on Normal in short sections using stage select - I'll put money on it that if you change the way you learn the game you will improve ten-fold, and the sence of achievement will spur you on to get even better.

The way to learn a section on a shoot em up is to play it repeatedly and make a routine - so that you no longer have to think while playing.
              Last edited by Saurian; 29-07-2004, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                Snowball -

Do not concentrate on attack when there are buildings "blocks" on screen. Learn the layout of the blocks and avoid attack. When you have passed the block section attack by shooting upwards, then avoid the spider by attacking from the side and then from the top.

The boss will not fire that big rotating laser in this section - use the time when the screen is empty of blocks to make the kill.

You should learn the game in sections before you try and put it all together. Remove Very Easy mode and play on Normal in short sections using stage select - I'll put money on it that if you change the way you learn the game you will improve ten-fold, and the sence of achievement will spur you on to get even better.

The way to learn a section on a shoot em up is to play it repeatedly and make a routine - so that you no longer have to think while playing.
                Wiser than a Shaolin man! thanks!
                I will follow your suggestions!!!
                Snowball

Comment

Just noticed that on stage 3 when you enter that canyon, something will try and take your options away at random! Anyone else noticed this?

Comment

Yeah that little bar steward always tries to nick mine!

I zone in by then so I'm not actually looking at anything, then that bitch sneaks up you cant shoot it either! Best to wrap up your options close in that section.

Comment

Yeah, noticed as well. I'm not sure if its random or not. I've only seen it when i have reached the canyon (where you start to go downwards) with all lives intact. Whatever it is it seems ghosted out and invincible, i haven't been able to destroy it at any rate, just evade and hope you don't get robbed.
                      Last edited by PH; 29-07-2004, 18:38. Reason: Because i can't spell

Comment

Well just got this today and have been giving it a whirl this evening.

As mentioned previously it just feel so right and brings back such golden memories from years gone by. Tis a joy to play and I'm completely rubbish at it...so far.

I think this will be a firm fav for a long time to come...Treasure I doff my cap to you once again.

Now I'm off to cry at the score challenge...

Comment

I just got this game as well, and am having a real blast.
                          I barely got to stage 3 on normal difficulty, default settings.
                          Not bad for the first day, I should think. I love the music in the first level.

Comment

Phew...mines finally arrived.

Only had a couple of attempts so far this morning and needless to say i've been battered everytime by the 1st Level Boss. Very impressed so far.

Has everyone else who's got the Jpn version got the History Of Vic Viper book inside the game? I thought that was for the Korean version, but it came with my copy for some reason

Comment

Yeah I did. You should get the Special DVD with it too.

Comment

Did anyone here order from YesAsia and receive theirs yet?

Mine hasn't :/

Comment

Working...
                                X