Gradius V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treble

Two things: at the end of stage 2, when you exit the exploding ship, if you don't keep fire held down you drop your options and lose your laser and missiles, if they are equipped
    Tbh you die there i'm positive because my bro just rammed straight into the wall on 2 player. I don't feel it's a bug it was designed that way i feel

Comment

Actually, I hadn't thought of it like that. But I didn't notice flickering invulnerability afterwards. I'll have a go, keeping a sharp eye on my ship count

Comment

I get it now.

There is another wall to be shot then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
          If you use Type 4 you can have the Options actually rotaing around you to absorb the bullets. Surely that is better?
          Well yes .. but some will get through, i much prefer the .. forgive me .. option to change the setting of them to allow more firepower and extra shielding in problem area's..

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
            Actually, I hadn't thought of it like that. But I didn't notice flickering invulnerability afterwards. I'll have a go, keeping a sharp eye on my ship count

LOL N00bs :P

Comment

Originally posted by saif
              Quality game so far. My skills are not so great and keep making schoolboy errors.

On the leaderboard, people are using type 4 - anyone using something different?
              I use type 2 which is lovely in conjuntion with a 4 laser setup. Reminds me of Gunstar Heroes actually - which is never a bad thing!
              When I started the thread, I played a demo on the streets and I assume that it must have been on easy as it was only the first level but e'one including myself could do it pretty simply but when I tried at home.....Took me a few goes.

I'm using the Soul Calibur stick /\ to shoot, [] to powerup and X for option. Works really well - give it a try.

I forgot to say that I use Type 1 in the score challenge. Best change it now.
              Its great as it allows you complete freedom over the drones. This is useful for fixing your drones in positions where you can destroy enemies that are awkard places.
              Last edited by venom743; 25-07-2004, 23:54.

Comment

Originally posted by jide
                LOL N00bs :P
                You were right. But piss off, it was hardly obvious

Comment

Reading this thread has prompted me into getting this now, along with Guilty Gear Itsuku.

Comment

This game's a little too good!

I had absolutely no idea it would be so godlike - I love as much as I love Psyvariar! Without a doubt the finest level design I've ever experienced in a horizontal shoot em up, just when you think it cannot possibly get any more inventive they drop stage 5 on you! That stage is incredible!

bRING T3H $C0R3 CHALL3NGE!!111

Comment

Get it ASAP mate! You'll love it. Treasure really have outdone themselves this time. On a side note, has anyone else noticed the similarities between this and Ikaruga in terms of game mechanics? ie the quicker you kill enemies, the more bonus enemies appear thereafter. Destroying these help boost your score significantly.

Comment

Yeah man I noticed that - this game has such a strong Radiant/Ikaruga vibe to it. I've learnt a routine for stage 1 and 2 so far and 80% of 3, you get LOADS more score if you anticipate the enemies and destroy them immediately and work through the powerups much faster.

On stage 3 where you are being chased by those big enemies down the corridors, I swear there's something that looks like an extra path at the bottom of it! On the last corner there's a gap with 2 flamethrowers but the screen always scrolls away from it - it blatantly looks like another path tho.
                        Last edited by Saurian; 26-07-2004, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                          This game's a little too good!

I had absolutely no idea it would be so godlike - I love as much as I love Psyvariar! Without a doubt the finest level design I've ever experienced in a horizontal shoot em up, just when you think it cannot possibly get any more inventive they drop stage 5 on you! That stage is incredible!

bRING T3H $C0R3 CHALL3NGE!!111

A little to good? You have got me really excited about this now. I have always been a big fan of Gradius games and it seems that the partnership between Konami and Treasure has produced a AAA shooter that will go down as one of the best ever.

One other thing, is the music quality? I hope so, as Gradius has to have memorable haunting tunes.

Comment

OMFG THE MUSIC!!111 *dies*

It's proper EPIC - the music is superb all the way!

Comment

Ah, come on Saur! Some of it's as gay as a window! Stage 2, I think, is Handbag House, FFS!

Comment

Stage 2 is 100% pure undiluted Heroness and I wont hear anything else!!!!

(NOT THE SPACE BIT)

Comment

Working...
                                X