X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saur have you completed it yet :P
    Do i even need to ask

Comment

I like the PS2 pad as well. I even got on quite well with the DC pad playing Psyvariar 2. Saying that though i've got to go with a pad everytime because i'm basically useless with an arcade stick. I've tried and tried to improve with the stick but i make practically no progress.

I quite like the music as well. Downloading the OST as i type to check it out - see if its worth ordering the CD when its out mid-August.

Bydo - No idea if its an official release date or not but a couple of places i've checked have got it down for December.

Comment

Originally posted by jide
        Saur have you completed it yet :P
        Do i even need to ask
        This game is ROCK! It DEFINETLY deserves -
        The Boddicker Seal Of Approval:

Once you get to a bit you arent skilled enough to handle you will die quickly and repeatedly, yet I find I'm totally consistant on this but not on other shoot em ups I play. I always get to the EXACT same bit before losing a life (1 life from start to stage 3-5) now and need to train up on that section tonight.

I have 12 credits available now and I know for a fact that even if I use all of them I wont be able to finish the game, best to savour it and do it all in one.
        Last edited by Saurian; 26-07-2004, 13:04.

Comment

Yeah that spider boss is a total **** but it seems it fires two-three read lasers you have to know when to get in and when to get out to kill it quickly. I hate when it gets to the bottom because i know i can beat it before it goes all the way down.

Is it me or this type 1 laser weaker than type 4's laser ?

Comment

Not sure about the strength between types (my fave is type-2) but what I do is if I want a strong beam I shake the ship back and forth as you would for Psyvariar hard rolling, this rounds the options up into one point so everything you got is concentrated on one point. You only need tiny movements to do it so you can even round the options up when you are right up close to the core.

Comment

Yeah that's been there from the old gradius games but i can kill the first level boss with the type 2 laser and type 4 laser. Which is quite weird.

Comment

Pressing the secondary function (with type 4: where the options revolve around the ship) has them gather at the nose of the Viper before circling. When you are in a tight spot, this is useful as a quick tap/hold to bring them together rather than having to circle the ship to get them to tighten.

Comment

Whilst I've never even seen this game, much less started to pwn it/ get pwn'd by it:

Originally posted by Saurian
                  This game is ROCK! It DEFINETLY deserves -
                  The Boddicker Seal Of Approval:
                  Roffle!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                    I have 12 credits available now and I know for a fact that even if I use all of them I wont be able to finish the game, best to savour it and do it all in one.

About this.
                    I'm playing it at VERY EASY.
                    Now I'm at the level 5 or 6, i don't remember.
                    I'm after the mess with all the asteroids, when u meet the GREEN POWDER that destroy you.

Anyway my question:
                    Now i reached 7 credits (starting from 5).
                    What make you increase the credits number?
                    PLease let me know.

Snowball

Comment

time

longer you play the more credits you get

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                        time

longer you play the more credits you get
                        Thanks!
                        So it depends by the number of the game you play not by the quality
                        Snowball

Comment

Indeed. New credit every hour played (and no, you can't just leave the console running - it's actually time played in-game). I've heard a rumour you get freeplay after 18 hour's play....

Snowball: that's level 6, stage 7 (the last stage of that level, I guess). And yes, it's frikkin green slime of doom, isn't it?
                          Haven't played that on normal yet - too scared
                          Last edited by Treble; 26-07-2004, 15:21.

Comment

I cant believe you manz play on easy....why do you want to see the whole game so soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Saur
                              why do you want to see the whole game so soon?
                              For the review, dude
                              As I say earlier in the thread, I then replay the section on Normal, just to get a feel for the difficulty.
                              Last edited by Treble; 26-07-2004, 15:23.

Comment

I'll let YOU off! [coach]BUT NOBODY ELSE DAMMIT!!! ft: [/coach]

Comment

Working...
                                X