Sudeki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brats
    If looks are all you care about, Solid is your man .
    Yeah man, he gives me wood, but not as much as Raiden!

FFS don't quote that on the front page, people will think they've come to the wrong place!
    Last edited by SuperBrother; 10-07-2004, 09:16.

Comment

Graphics were top notch and I quite like the characters. The combat was fun and the spell effects were suitably OTT. Only minuses on my part were the seeming lack of a jump, no push/pull sideways and a right stick camera that I always wanted to move up and down to see around me but was forced to go first person. Dunno how hours worth of spawning enemies will go but looks good.

Comment

Played through the demo last night and it felt kinda... clunky. The controls lacked polish I thought, felt a bit rough around the edges. And I hope there's some depth to the combat when you get into it, cos it was a bit button-mashy for me... not the best first impressions but an RPG lives or dies on its story so I look forward to hearing if its a good one or not.

Comment

Yes, I've just tried the demo and wasn't too impressed. I'll still give the full thing a go, I think, since it seems to have got some things right and the graphics did look okay in places (nice spell effects, some entertainingly OTT texture work, some nice modelling). But the characters looked just as horrible as I feared (terrible, terrible designs), there were some disappointingly plain aspects to the rooms, the voice work was appalling, the combat really didn't do as much for me as I'd hoped...

Note to developers; it doesn't get my expectations up that much if you show off your game with one room of slightly boring hack'n'slash, one cliched block puzzle and one pathetically easy boss.

I spent maybe an hour and a half messing around with the PsiOps demo, put it that way. Although it was similarly easy and far from perfect, and a whole different genre, of course, it was still far more effective at making me want the full game now. There must be something in Sudeki that would have meant I'd still be thinking "when's the release date again?" right now. As it is, I'm expecting third-rate Jak and Daxter crossed with PSO, it looks like, with a few moderately amusing original gimmicks thrown in.

Comment

yeah, I agree teh Psi Ops demo had me mentally ticking off all the right boxes as I experimented with the controls. Sudeki had a few empty boxes.

Comment

Having never been a fan of Sudeki through the previews and screens, I wasn't expecting much from the demo.

In the plus column it was fairly polished.
              That's all for the plus column.

In the negative column it just isn't very good. The visuals are indeed as poor as they had always looked to me. Character and creature designs really not well done, and the scenery even worse. Animation mediocre, technology average. And as a game, I wasn't having any fun. First person shooting with a staff or button bashing with a sword, then some block pushing.

I know it's a demo and therefore a poor way to apraise a full game, but I wasn't interested before and the demo didn't change that. Went in with a closed mind? Perhaps, but I was quietly hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I still want a good RPG, be they JRPGs or Western. But I'd prefer them to know what they were, and play to their natural strengths.

Comment

Well, mine's been despatched now, so I'll let y'all know what it's like when I get my sticky mits on it.

Comment

Had a go of the demo this morning and was completely underwhelmed. Combat was tedious and the puzzles unimainative. Any designer who still thinks shifting a block onto a switch (and then making you do it umpteen times) to open/activate something is a good thing should be slapped around the head with one of those replica Zelda sword things.

Wil

Comment

The reviews so far (and, granted, there are only a handful yet) aren't blowing my doors off. They speak of a fun game that is way too short, pretty to look at and listen to, but overall not as satisfying as you might have hoped.

Crap...

Well, mine is still on its way, and I'm sure it'll be something fun to tinker with until Fable comes in. But still, that's disappointing.

Comment

Yet again I am right.................quelle surprise!

Comment

When watching the previews, screenshots and reading the pre-launch hype I couldn't understand where all the feverish expectation was coming from to me it just looked like a bog-standard RPG. I could only assume the lack of a decent traditional Japanese RPG on the XBOX was the main reason behind such expectation being whipped up.

It seems my doubts about the games quality have proved correct, which is surprising as going on my past track record I am atrociously bad at predicting such things

Comment

What hideous timing for what sounds like a fairly middling RPG to come out. Tales seems to be knocking an awful lot of people's socks off. Having said that, I'm sure some hands on play from some of you lot will give me a better insight into the game. Well, more so than the rubbish you get on a lot of web sites.

Comment

You know Edge will try to give this game as high a mark as it possibly can, just so it can take another predicatble pop at "teh hardcore". Watch this space.

Comment

Played the demo today. I enjoyed the combat, but the character control was clumsy, the puzzles uninspired, and the design very generic. Not a promising start, but it's only a small portion of the game I played, so I won't write it off.

Comment

I personally wont gudge the game on that turgid demo, by the looks of the other screens ive seen this is possible the worst area of the game,

unless of course its the best like some other demos?

Further investigation is needed mee's thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X