No announcement yet.

Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the second disc as long as the first??

My stats are

Play Time: 35.13
    Combo: 36
    Encounters: 962
    Level: 56

Comment

In relations to the actual main quest Mr Mingo, the 2nd disk is shorter then the first disk. It took me 50hours (admittedly, that was taking my time.. leveling up? enjoying the sights etc) and it only took another 13hours for me to defeat the final boss on the 2nd disk.

However? there are more side-quests and leveling-up opportunities on Disk 2 imo. Since ive gone back to my last save before the final boss ive spent around another 25+ hours doing the side quests and leveling up. And there is still lots for me to do?

WHA!?

73 hit Combo!? Lol and I thought my 44 was decent

I had a break from tales for a while and now I'm going through the second time and loving it again
      73 hit is no more! After what seemed like an eternity of trying, I?ve finally beaten it! I managed to get a whopping 115 hit combo!
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Ah, hurrah?

I finally beat?nay? owned the Underworld Book sub-quest (the one with 15 floors). I think that only leaves the items to collect now. There are some weapons in the customize locations which I still need to obtain, and a few enemies to log (think ive missed 4 or 5).

I?m looking forward to going back to the first disk and re-starting soon. My friend still has my disk one but I believe he will be progressing to disk 2 very soon. He too has been totally engrossed by the story, characters and the delights ToS has to offer.

Comment

Question:
          Is this game coming out in Europe?
          Or should i just order it from VG+ and be done with it?
          Are you all using the Freeloader, what version?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, it is coming to Europe. Get it from VG+ though, it works with Freeloader.

Comment

Works on 1.06b at least ;] Coming to Europe, yes, but many can't wait.

Comment

This game has had a real impact on me I've played it for over 40 hours now which for me is something that would happen on very few games. I love the whole style of the game, do any of the guides that are available had some decent art work in them?

As people have already said about this game altough the story would not win any prizes its great the way that conversations between characters etc. drops hints to make you realy think what is going on and and try to work out what will happen later in the game.

Comment

There's an art book out, though I don't know how easy it'd be to get hold of now:

Lik Sang list it, but it's out of stock:

Comment

Thanks for the link james.

If anyone has seen this or knows where its available can you give me a shout please.

Comment

They have it here:

But Otaku.com are nearly always cheaper (as in this case):

(about 20 quid from Otaku.com inc postage - they have also stuck it on ebay ocassionally - but often I find their ebay final bids can end up a lot higher than their shop price)
                      Last edited by Guest; 17-08-2004, 21:35.

Comment

I started playing through it again straight after beating the game, this is very unusual for me (i don't think i've ever done that before), especially as its an RPG

Comment

Mr EvilBoris sir, out of interest buddy, how many Grades did you have to spend on the items to buy to re-start and what did you purchase Mr?

Sadly i didnt have enough to get the ex X10, so im spending time now try to increase my grades (my friend still has disk 1 so cant actually re-start yet dammit)

Edit: Thanks for the link btw. I?m really tempted to get the book as well as a few of the others there. This really is a top site for art books etc.

Out of interest, and please forgive the OT, but how is their reliability and customer service? Can anyone provide some feedback? Thanks in advance
                          Last edited by Adam Stone; 17-08-2004, 22:31.

Comment

^^
                            You mean the Otaku link?Yes they are certainly reliable.Had lots of fantastic videogame related tat from them (I have my latest visa statement as proof ) and only been let down a couple of times when they didn't have items I'd ordered in stock (and forgot to let me know....) but everything they sell is the real deal.

Comment

I'm running Tales with Freeloader version 1.04 but have small borders on the screen, as in a PAL game. Anybody know why this might be?

Comment

Double post-o-rama
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 19-08-2004, 19:08. Reason: double post

Comment

Working...
                                X