Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Stone
    Mr EvilBoris sir, out of interest buddy, how many Grades did you have to spend on the items to buy to re-start and what did you purchase Mr?
    I finished with 1250 grade, and bought 2x grade and all the cheap stuff.

I'm at the thoda geyser/ triet base bit at the moment and have reached level 20, its boosting up the levels well quick, although doesn't seem to be making it any easier

Comment

Cool. Nicely done.

I think i finished with around 2,500 so bought the Tech (can keep all my tech moves which took fricking ages to get! phew), the Increase Grade and 2x Experience as well as all the cheaper stuff. Ive only just re-started (at first save point) - but am re-playing on Mania difficulty. At the end of the first play (after 100hours) i beat the final boss literally in a matter of seconds and didnt take any damge. This time though... hopefully it'll be far harder
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

How much grade did you seem to get per fight, I can only ever seem to get like .50 for a normal field fight. it seems like i should be able to get more

Comment

Decided to play ToS and it is one of the most memorising RPG's I have played in a long time. It is very refreshing and enjoyable, however at the start you feel overwhelmed as it doesn't explain much about the battle system. However, I am 3 hours in and kind of getting it A few questions if I may:

1) I have my character on semi-automatic, what differences are there if I go for manual?
          2) I am currently not using Raine, however does Raine level up with the rest of the squad if I don't use him/her?

Great game so far, didn't save for a while and got minced by a treasure box.

Waz

Comment

When in manual, you ahve to run towards/away from the enemy by pressing left/right, you can also jump by pressing up on the stick (which can be useful for stabbing people in the back)

characters you aren't using will gain exactly the same amount of EXP as all the others. raine is useless to start with

Comment

I beat the game. Thought it was ok.

Collete needs to be shot. I cant stand the bitch

Comment

Or just dubbed :P

Great game though! Got it yesterday.

Comment

Just finished the game, and I cant describe the feelings. I just sat through the credits without reading them, just thinking about the experience. Like, just completed a Silent Hill game or watched a David Lynch Movie. Such a wonderful ending to a wonderful game and a wonderful story happening in a wonderful world. Might as well be the best game I ever played. And I have played quite a few games in 10 years

I completed it in 50 hours, with a 47 combo at the end... I think I kinda rushed through, for there is so many things to do after completing, don't think I'm gonna start again quite yet. I want to get all the Devil's arms, all costumes and some 3000 grade to get the titles and 2xExp for the next playthrough...

I think the game got a bit too easy on disc 2, but I was playing on normal anyway, and I rebuilt Luin, bought the 36000 gald weapons there. Might have had quite a big effect on difficulty when you had 300-400 more attack power than you should have had...

But anyway, loved it. So sad it couldn't last just another 50 hours...

Comment

Glad u enjoyed it so Mr Simplf. I too share your feelings (as described in the previous pages)

I saw the credits around the 60hour mark, but like you, decided to go back and do all the side quests before re-starting...

That 60hour is now over 100hours.

Absolutely love this game. And there is apparantly a direct sequel coming soonish!!

Comment

Aw, I still play it. But it is different to play sidequests and stuff like it than the main quest... Anyway, soon going for 2nd playthrough, killed Abyssion and got everyone new costumes + the swimsuits & noble costumes Now all I need is some grade. Don't think I will play it to the very end again though... Baten Kaitos & Paper Mario 2 are near. And Silent Hill 4. Plus, my Megaman Anniversary Collection calls.

PS. When is the sequel coming?

Comment

I've vome to love the game so much that when I saw these figures in my local indie shop I couldn't help but buy them. I've done well, I've bought 5 so far and not got 1 duplicate!

note metal gear ray eating collete.I wish that did of happened

Comment

EvilBoris: those look fantastic - where did you get them from?

My copy arrived on Thursday and I'm about 14 hours in so far. Can't remember the last time a game gripped me as much as this has.

Right, must get back to it

Comment

Oh my goodness me...

*Adam wants... Adam needs...*

How much and where Mr? As soon as i get payed, those are a must. Out of interest, how tall are they buddy - and how heavy? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Comment

they ae about 5 inches tall and about 50g each.
                              I got them from my local chips store (norwich) I think they have about 4 left and I need 2 to finish the set! they were ?7.99 each

each figure comes in 2 variations, standard weapons (i.e lloyd with bog standard swords/ lloyd with material blades from the end of game)

Comment

I got them from my local chips store (norwich) I think they have about 4 left and I need 2 to finish the set! they were ?7.99 each
                                Nice one - I'll have to pop in and see what they've got left.

I was sort of hoping that the range would include a model of the Katz dude in the cat outfit. Now THAT would be good....

Comment

Working...
                                X